Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

EQ turns off randomly

Solved!

EQ turns off randomly

EDIT: I have changed device since andno problems on S6, also seems one of the updates back in the day fixed it for me

Hi There

I've been having problems with Spotify on my Galaxy S4, EQ randomly turns off and quality goes really bad as i always tweak EQ to have best sound for style of music i currently listen to, I have a hunch that it might have something to do with notifications as it usually happens when i get few of those. I've searched through this forum but didn't find any definite answer to this and troubleshooting didn't help either, any clue if this issue is being addressed ?

Thanks

67 Replies

Have you tried going to settings/mydevice/sound/adapt sound and turning off adaptsound for music?

I have never set it up, so its off..

I have an S4 (US) and have been experiencing the exact same problem. Verizon pushed out an update to Android 4.3 this past Tuesday and now the equalizer doesn't work at all!

same issue android 4.3 note 3. Is any1 doing anything about this?

@cinek Have you tried reinstalling spotify?

@jwylot wrote:

@cinek Have you tried reinstalling spotify?

I have but that didn't help

Spoiler
EQ dosent work at all!

Hi!

Idownloadedthelatestupdate on mye norwegian galaxys4andafterthattheEQonspotifydosentworkatall. Icanturnitonbutitdosentchangeanything, thesoundandeverythingstaysthesame, soifyoumabyecouldmakeanewupdateortrytofigureoutwhat'swrongtheni'dbeveryhappy! 🙂 

I don't think it is Spotify. I do also have a Rdio subscription and exactly the same issue. I have Samsung S4 I9500 and LG G2 D802.
I also have the LG G Pad 8.3 and the issue persists there as well.
But on my Samsung Note 8 I don't have any issue and the EQ never stops.
On all other devices it randomly stops and starts again a few seconds later.
Again, in both, Spotify and Rdio.
Marked as solution

I think I got it solved. Well for those rooted devices at least.

During the past months I tried all possible EQs, AwesomeBeats, MonsterBassBeats, DSP Manager etc.

But shortly after my last post above I removed all previous installed DSP Managers, EQs etc.

Then I installed Viper4Android from the Google Play Store.

As there are a couple of V4A to download and all are in Chinese, use Google Chrome to help to translate it so you find the right one.

V4A has tons of features and you need some time to find out the best setting for you. But for me not only I have better sound than ever before, but it's rock stable playing. No random turn off of the EQ or anything similar.

Thanks. Viper4Android works perfectly. Now the equalization works on local files too. It caused so much frustration for me.

I also installed it from the Google Play Store. darn you samsung for putting that rubbish equalizer there!

#43 same here

Nah, not true.  Spotify needs to figure this out though!

This is happening to me too, and this issue is not resolved.

There should be a bugfix for it.

I also think that they could improve the EQ. For example, when I play a song (wtih EQ working) it takes 0.5 - 1 sec for the EQ to start.

It's like the EQ is not constantly active, rather called on when playing songs and that's what's not working with offline songs.

@hpguru wrote:
Hey there.

Why you need to ruin your music?

Listen music without EQ - it's how artist mentioned music to listen 😎

actually, no it isn't. artists usually mix on studio monitors, which get the most consistent sound while mixing, but listeniners are playing the song through all sorts of different outputs. i have three different headphones, and the same song will sound completely different among all three of them. eq'ing really helps when your output has way too much of a certain frequency, especially if you know how to use them properly.

I bought Loewe speaker2go with Aptx. Soundcontrol on my z1 compact (kitkat) is not working. Bluetooth volume is at maximum when playing Spotify and internal player. I flashed my phone to Jellybean 4.3. (14.2.a.1.114 generic nordic) Now volume control works BUT Spotify/Sony Equalizer is not working. You can move sliders but nothing happens to The sound. After hours of trial and error I finally found The solution. Go to phone settings/options sound. Select sound when touch. Swedish: Ljud vid beröring, and there...Equalizer is working. No kitkat, but nice sound from my Loewe, that is better.

Howdy Barney48,

do you happen to have google now voice search on any page enabled? on my device i have found that whenever i unlock my screen, my EQ turns off, however after disabling google now voice search on any page, my EQ stays on.

I'm a Spotify guru! if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me! I'm quite the speedy responder.

Do you agree/like my post, did I help or made you laugh? Add some kudos!
Did I solve your problem? Push "accept as solution" 🙂

I reply to my own message. :O) Also dicovered that Sonys Walkman app has to be disabled/deactivated. When I activate it, EQ in spotify stops working.

I had this issue for a long while now and I can safely say, that this error only occurs when the internet connection changes (e.g. from 3g to wifi) or if it is lost completely. Having the EQ open does seem to help, but it's no solution.

I had the same problem on my galaxy s4. I deinstalled the third party equalizer which was found in the settings of the spotify app. After that I installed the app "Music Volume EQ" which is not connected directly to spotify. No more problems.

Exactly....everyone's headphones, earbuds and speakers etc are different.
What a white belt troll.

Suggested posts