Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Equalizer is not available in the new version for android

Equalizer is not available in the new version for android

I have a phone with Android 6.0. I've noted that the native equalizer is no longer avilable in the current Spotify version, which by the way, have now similar user interface to iOS. What is the reason for that? I see it as big downgrade to Spotify. The equalizer was really helpful.
5 Replies

Spotify always used the system equalizer and the option still appears for me. What phone model are you using? If it doesn't have a built-in equalizer, you'll need to download a third party one from Play.

Hello,

Hi I'm using Asus Zenfone 2 updated To Android 6.0. Before update To this nem version, it was possible to use the built-in equalizer. I'm not sure ir this is caused by last version of Spotify or by Android 6.0.
Thanks in advance

Like I said, spotify just uses the stock equalizer but I found this using a Google search "Stock equaliser has been removed by asus with the MM update. U have to use AUDIO WIZARD which is pre-installed, as the default equaliser now."

Hi Joe, thanks for information and confirmation that is something related To Asus and not to Android itself. The pain point to use Asus built-in equalizer os the fact it does not work when the phone is connected via bluetooth 😞
Thanks

Suggested posts