Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Extreme Lag with Latest Android TV and Xbox One Spotify Apps

Solved!

Extreme Lag with Latest Android TV and Xbox One Spotify Apps

Hi Spotify Community,

Since this week I've been encountering major slowdown/unresponsiveness when changing tracks on both the Android TV and Xbox One Spotify apps.

The problem consistently occurs when I select a track from a different album to the one playing, after which a delay of up to 20 seconds is experienced. If I become impatient and re-try, the lag persists but then the app really gets itself into a mess, playing the first few seconds of each track I've tried. In some cases I've even seen the wrong album art and track name for whatever is playing.

The issue appears to align with updates to the applications this week.

Reinstallation has not fixed the problem - in either case, the fact this is happening on completely different platforms suggests an issue with the app.

Downgrading to an earlier version of Spotify on Android TV did fix the issue, but I don't have the luxury of doing this on the Xbox, being 'locked down'.

Any advice or confirmation of a known issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: In the last 2 hours, the issue seems to have completely disappeared on both my Android TV and Xbox. I'll monitor over the next 24 hours and confirm if it returns.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else had this problem. In case it's relevant, I am certain my internet connection has been fine throughout - no buffering/lag elsewhere.

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Update: In the last 2 hours, the issue seems to have completely disappeared on both my Android TV and Xbox. I'll monitor over the next 24 hours and confirm if it returns.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else had this problem. In case it's relevant, I am certain my internet connection has been fine throughout - no buffering/lag elsewhere.

Thanks,

James

Suggested posts