Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Goodbye Spotify - No Chromecast support and...

Solved!

Goodbye Spotify - No Chromecast support and...

I've been paying for Spotify premium for about a year.  Today, I cancelled my subscription.  The in-ability to transmit wirelessly to my audio/video system is the main reason for canceling.  Chromecast is a HUGE leap forward in Android technology.  Airplay for Apple is awesome and now Android can have this ability via Chromecast.  Yet Spotify won't even acknowledge postings on Chromecast.  

I just got done testing 3 different Miracast devices.  Just because I really want wireless access to my audio/video system.  Unfortunately, Miracast has many issues.  Google Music via Chromecast is light years ahead of Miracast.  I hate to learn a whole new platform with Google Music, but the convenience outweighs the inconvenience of a new platform.

Another issue is not being able to delete Playlists.  Really...this is just an elementary feature.  I hate having my Android's Spotify app so cluttered up with useless playlists that I created to test or just needed for temporary purposes.  

Just wanted to give some feedback to my cancellation.  Google is now getting my monthly fees.  

112 Replies

Sure, just as much as they need Google approval to even have a Spotify app in Google Play and of course in the Apple store. I've also developed for both platforms and all you have to do is complying with their terms and conditions. Can you provide any example of any application to be in Chromecast whitelist that has been rejected? 

How do you propose I prove Google privately rejected an app? Here's a screenshot of mine after it was rejected.

suspended.png

And here's a whole article about how Google Corporation secretly forced OEMs to install Google bloatware (social network, movie store, music store, games app, location stalker, etc) until they released it during a big lawsuit. This isn't some conspiracy theory, this is how giant corporations get their business.

So another music app to rival theirs? Hmm, maybe they want to push out the competition.

But anyway.

The Fire Stick is based on Android itself (4.2.2 to be precise), it allows 3rd party apps (hello Spotify or anything else) to be installed or sideloaded. Android, even with Google's persistent meddling, is still far more open than iOS or the Chromecast ecosystem. Thank goodness.

So clearly Google is conspiring to push you out of the market?
Don't get mad, that was just a joke. Of course Spotify can choose not to support Chromecast, but that alienated a good number of users that otherwise would have stayed with them. My point is that you can't blame Google for Spotify's choice; that's on them.

Why do people think Google is some loving entiety that only wants to give them what they want. And it everyone else fault if it doesn't happen. Sheep. I'm well aware that Spotify only see me a $10 a month payment. That all Google wants from you.

Pick side, APPLE, GOOGLE, or AMAZON. Those are our choices now, and I'm sure there will be more dongles (or what ever hardware come out next) to choose from, then you could ever imagine

Pick a dongle.
My was Chromecast, but I'm trashing it now and getting Amazon's dongle and using Spotify and netflix that way. Just to show you cry babies, YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS BESIDES GOOGLE, GOOGLE IS LORD KING GOD OF CASTING TECH.

Should read.... ISN'T LORD KING GOD,....
SORRY

Its Coke or Pepsi all over again. Just pick one and leave the other alone. I like my Coke and I like my Spotify, I want the original not a overly sweeted knock off lol.
darn, I can be jerk lol

That's exactly my point. As a company, the smart move is to give your users options, not excuses to leave you. I wish Spotify supported all of those dongles.
I have never tried to convince anyone to leave Spotify. Like many others I used this thread to communicate with Spotify that we wanted the option to chromecast them, or I'd look for an alternative, in the hopes they would do it because I liked them. Because they refused, they lost a segment of their user base. That simple. I don't hate Spotify, I don't love Google. I just happen to prefer Google Play with Chromecast, rather than Spotify without it. Just a choice, everyone is entitled to his/her own.

Take into consideration, maybe just maybe Google doesn't want them there so, no Chromecast. Why, how else is Google gonna sell their music services. Again, I have no proof of that, and you have no soild proof its Spotify saying NO.

All we know is you have a choice of CASTING systems, pick the one that works with Spotify (Amazon fire stick) or stay with Chromecast and use Google play. ITS A SIMPLE CHOICE PEOPLE. PICK A SIDE. The corporations already picked their sides, why can't you. JUST PICK A DONGLE AND BE HAPPY WITH IT

stop feeding the troll

Copy that. My apologies

I'm not a troll, I'm speaking realistically. Pick a casting system and use the streaming services available on that system, or pick your system based on the services you want. That how real life works, end of story. Don't expect company's to bend over backwards and give you the shirts off their backs.

JUST PICK THE DONGLE THAT HAS WHAT YOU WANT

Face it, Chromecast isn't gonna happen for Spotify. So use Google's service. I'll use what ever casting system has Spotify.
Marked as solution

Seeing several people complain about this, i would highly reccomend this device or similar http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Bluetooth/dp/B00J79KNPM/ref=sr_1_1?s=mus...

basically a Bluetooh Reciever for Audio, sync it with your android/iphone device and let it play. Even better you can use it for all types of music players with an Aux input

They have a 1,000 different options to get their Spotify to play on their stereo wirelessly. I think they just like to hear themselves complain, or they truely believe Google is the only game in town, and if Spotify doesn't work with them, they're doomed.

For what it's worth, even if the Chromecast DOES suck (and it pretty much does), I think it's worth noting there are people on this community who already have one, and would still like to see Spotify support it. Even if that means using the cruddy default view for media (because even Google will, allegedly, not block them if they use that one).

Fingers crossed on that one. Good luck, Chromecasters. 🙂

In time, if Google moves their chess pieces right, they could build the higher end CASTING system and dominate the market. That is what they hope to do after all.

But, the tech is in its cave painting stage now. So, from a consumer's view point, that means you have many many many different options to play your music wirelessly over your stereo. Some better then others, some basically the same, just two different companies minicing each other.

Enjoy the freedom we have at this moment, we can do anything we want. Hell, we can even write app to get Spotify to work on Chromecast. Soon..... Very soon, we will be locked in to using service A or service B.

Stop complaining, ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM WHILE IT LAST

That's exactly the point indeed. And yes, there are ways of adding
Chromecast support quite easily and quickly.
If Spotify do it and then they get banned by Google (which I don't think it
would happen) then just say it: "we wanted to add Chromecast support but
Google blocked us". Unfortunately for the moment Spotify do not want to add
the support purely for strategic reasons.

Both Google and Spotify do. Both want it to be their way. They are
competing companies, choose the one you like. Me I like Spotify

Suggested posts