Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

HTC One M8 crashes and skips

HTC One M8 crashes and skips

I have an HTC M8 i am a premium spotify member. Ever since i've had spotify ive had minor issues here and there which didnt bother me at first but these minor issues have gotten worse. I have the latest version of spootify currently and my phone is current with its avialiable upgrade. The issues im running into are:

• Songs will stop playing in the middle of the song. The track control and timer still shows the song playing but their is no sound.
  • Spotify actually casues my phone to crash ever since the last update. I removed spotofy for a few days and it solved the crashing issue.
  • Spotify alwasy shows its downloading my selcted songs.(songs that have already been downloaded)
  • The app logs itself out and logs back in and when it does it goes into offline mode.

Now i have tried doing the uninstall and reinstall method with no resolve some help with this or another patch would be greatly appreciated. I switched from Slacker to this service and i love it when it actaully works that is. Id hate to switch back if this isnt resolved in the near future casue if its constantly crashing and giiving me issues theirs no point in me paying for this app. Any help would be appreciated.

34 Replies

Hey there! Since you already tried the clean re-install, I recommend contacting Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have all of the EXACT same problems on my M8. I'm highly dissapointed and hope that a solution can be reached.

I'd recommend sending an enquiry as well. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I am having the exact same problem with my HTC One M8 as well. I wanted to know if your issue was resolved? 

Same problem here. I get about 2-3 minutes of the song to play on my M8 before it goes silent but says it's still playing. 

I contacted Spotify support. All they told me to do was check for software updates and un-install and re-install Spotify... Obviously that didn't work. If anyone finds out anything else please post here !! 

Hello everyone!

Since this may be a bug, please post this information:

1. What's your Android Version?

Answer goes here

2. What's your Software Number?
Answer goes here

3. What's your carrier?

Answer goes here

4. What's your Spotify version?

Answer goes here

You can find your Android Version and Software Number on Settings > About > Software Information

HTC One M8 Software Info

Imagem_colada_17_11_14_20_08.jpg

3. What's your carrier?
T-Mobile

Forgot to ask you @azine89, what's your Spotify version?

I'm having the same issues with all the same versions of the M8. I hope it's resolved soon. I've been a Spotify user from day one when it came to the states. I don't want to have to cancel my premium membership.

Hey guys,

My issue was resolved successfully.

First I went online to the offline devices history des removed all devices.

Then I wiped all data from the spotify app itself. Once everything was clean I uninstalled the app.

Next I removed my sd card the reinstalled the app and voila popped my sd back in and its Been working since

Hello again everyone!

Could you please try the steps @flip44 did to solve the issue?

1. First I went online to the offline devices history and removed all devices. You can do that here.
  2. Then I wiped all data from the spotify app itself. Once everything was clean I uninstalled the app.
  3. Next I removed my sd card.
  4. Then reinstalled the app and voila popped my sd back in.

If that steps don't solve the problem, please post a reply here with the information below:

Answer goes here

Answer goes here

3. What's your carrier?

Answer goes here

Answer goes here

Weekday about for those of us that don't use an SD card?

Sorry. What about* those of us that don't use an SD card?

If you're not using an SD card, skip that step.

3. What's your carrier?

AT&T

That fix worked for long enough for me to play about three songs. I'm at my wits end with this.

Sorry it didn't solve the problem. Could you post this information, please?

Answer goes here

Answer goes here

3. What's your carrier?

Answer goes here

Answer goes here

Suggested posts