Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help! Spotify android app keeps crashing

Solved!

Help! Spotify android app keeps crashing

Hello Spotify hive mind.

Since the last update, the android app on my Moto G4 crashes whenever I open it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone etc. but to no avail.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there an easy fix? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This fix just worked for me:

1. Log into spotify with internet on.

2. As soon as logged in, turn off internet.

3. Turn back on after 30 secs.

Bit wierd but spotify is working finer for me now on my Samsung J5.  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My app is working now. I think it's related to confusion over multiple devices so perhaps try logging on with another device? When I started up Spotify on my macbook it seemed to sort out the problem and the app now works fine. Good luck everyone!

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Same on Samsung S7

Same on Honor 8 and Nexus 9.

Feels like the app is broken for everyone after latest update, or that the Spotify servers are having issues.

Same on S4

Same here on Google Pixel.

Same for me, OnePlus 3.

Weird thing so is, if I use my Free Account (Log In with Facebook) it works.

If I then log out and log in with my Premium account (Log In with googlemail), I crashes immediately!

I suggest reinstalling spotify following all the steps here. If you still have problems, 

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Same thing on my Galaxy S7. Worked fine yesterday and there was no new update since then. I've tried to restart my phone, clear cache and reinstall Spotify, but nothing works. 

When I open Spotify after reinstalling, it will take me to the login screen without crashing, but when I try to log in with Facebook, it will crash.

Same with me, I created a free account and it works fine on my android J5. However if i try using my premium it crashes

Same for me on Version 8.4.0.539 with a samsung Note 3 with Andriod 5.0 - I think it is the servers 

I have 2.5gb of data on my card - May I ask if other users have same issue have large offline data stored too? 

Marked as solution

This fix just worked for me:

1. Log into spotify with internet on.

2. As soon as logged in, turn off internet.

3. Turn back on after 30 secs.

Bit wierd but spotify is working finer for me now on my Samsung J5.  

Worked for me, thanks for that!!

Typed in my login data, pressed the login button and immediately turned on the flight mode. Turned it off after like 30 secs and now it works fine.

Anyway, based on the threads and comments in here it seems to be an issue for many users with various devices.

Working for now. . 

I shut down app. switched off mobile data and wifi - restarted phone - started spotify app in Offline and played an offline stored song and turned wifi back on and all working. 

It has to be Spotify Server and Validating and mapping how many devices to account on App start up. i have the one user account and 3 devices i can download too. the Server must need to validate all this and must get overworked hence the lag on start up on mobile.

It is a - offline data/account/device/server Issue - Spotify please fix, its a pain on App start up!!

If there was even time enough...

Thanks that just worked for me ive been trying for ages

Sorry, after 15 tries this actually works... Now I just need some Wifi to fix offline lists again.

First the Waze app banner now this wow. The above fix worked for me as well. SPOTIFY fix this now

Same for me

1. reinstalled app

1.5 emtied cash and sd_card, removed device from offline devises in spotify web-config, this might be uneccesarry.

2. logged in, it crashed directly

3. turned off data and wifi

4. started app, started in offline mode

5. re-enabled data, everything works fine...

Hey thanks so much, turning it on in airplane mode and then turning on Internet worked! Still a little glitchy but at least I can listen to music! What I'm wondering is whether this is a permanent fix??
Marked as solution

My app is working now. I think it's related to confusion over multiple devices so perhaps try logging on with another device? When I started up Spotify on my macbook it seemed to sort out the problem and the app now works fine. Good luck everyone!

Suggested posts