Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I cannot set the song I want as my alarm or if I can the song file changes

Solved!

I cannot set the song I want as my alarm or if I can the song file changes

I have an android phone and use the clock app as my alarm clock. Today I tried to add a new alarm and make the alarm tone a song instead and I couldn't search for a song from the clock app. So I went into Spotify, found the song, added it to my liked songs (which is a playlist), and went back to the clock app. The song was there with the correct title and art but the song was completely different. I could literally play it in the clock app, exit, go to Spotify, and it would be the way it was supposed to be. I am beyond frustrated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, is your account Premium or is it on our free service? If it's free, we'd like to add some insights. It's expected that, when searching for content to set as an alarm, the users on our free service will only see artists, albums, podcasts and playlists, but not individual tracks. This explains why you can't see individual songs when using the search option on the Clock app.

Since you mentioned the song was there (on your Liked Songs playlist), did you mean you could see the album art on your screen when the alarm clock went off, but the song playing was a different one? If yes, it'd be really helpful if you sent us a video recording of the behavior you kindly mentioned. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, if the album art is incorrect, just to confirm, does this happen with just the one song you mentioned or does it happen no matter what song starts to play when the alarm goes off? It'd be awesome if you could check. Please share with us the link to the song with which you noticed this behavior. You can do it by following the steps in this article to do it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, is your account Premium or is it on our free service? If it's free, we'd like to add some insights. It's expected that, when searching for content to set as an alarm, the users on our free service will only see artists, albums, podcasts and playlists, but not individual tracks. This explains why you can't see individual songs when using the search option on the Clock app.

Since you mentioned the song was there (on your Liked Songs playlist), did you mean you could see the album art on your screen when the alarm clock went off, but the song playing was a different one? If yes, it'd be really helpful if you sent us a video recording of the behavior you kindly mentioned. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, if the album art is incorrect, just to confirm, does this happen with just the one song you mentioned or does it happen no matter what song starts to play when the alarm goes off? It'd be awesome if you could check. Please share with us the link to the song with which you noticed this behavior. You can do it by following the steps in this article to do it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I use a free account because in all the advertisements I heard for the premium subscription the only difference is that premium does not have add breaks in between tracks. When adding individual songs to my "liked songs playlist" in the app I would play the track and it would match up with the album art and title. When I would go into the clock app to make it my alarm tone the album art and title would be the same but a different and unrelated song would play. Notably, the song would not be from the album, artist, or even the same genre (if you can call military bugle calls a genre... maybe country). When in the app itself it was rare to find album art that did not line up with the track but I remember at least one instance that I will try to find again and record if it is still dysfunctional. Lastly, thank you for your kind and thoughtful response to my original post.

Suggested posts