Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I rearrange tracks in my playlist but they jumps back to their former place.

I rearrange tracks in my playlist but they jumps back to their former place.

I use my PC to rearrange the tracks in my playlist but for some reason they don't remain in their new position but jumps back their former place. Very annoying.

When I compare the same playlist in my android samsung and PC the tracknumber i different. Android says 845 tracks and PC says 827 songs. Is it a problem with android and PC syncing?

I having trouble with my largest playlist. "Reggae Ska Gunga" I want favourits on top, then fast ones, regular ones and sleep mode at the and. Now I have some Eek-a-mouse songs that are regular stuck in the fast section.

What to do? I want the tracks to be exactly where I place them until I decide to rearrange them again.

Kind regards/ Rosanna
Screenshot_2017-04-07-05-55-56.png
8 Replies

Hello @Wantafire, thanks for posting! 

You can do it. 

Just scroll all the way up in the playlist. In right (next to the filter) you'll see a menu for sorting options. Click on it and choose - Custom  

"Android says 845 tracks and PC says 827 songs" - About this, you maybe have turned off the option "Show unplayable songs in playlist" in your settings on the desktop app

SortingAndroid.png

Hope this helps ; )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey. No, it did not help. My phone and computer does'nt sync like they should. I spent a lot of time putting my tracks in the right order like I wanted them using my PC. My Android phone refused to adapt the new order. Instead it kept the old order and today when I looked at my playlist on my PC, dispate my effort, all tracks were rearranged back to the old order. All my work gone. This is really frustrating. I spent hours on this! I want my new order back! Why can't I change the order permanantly? Why is it impossible to get the order I want to stay put? What's wrong??! Pleace help, me. I think this is something I can't fix myself. I think it's some kind of bug.

Kind but sad regards/ R
20170417_221533.jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-17-22-14-49.png

This is the old order. I don' want this order! Thats why I rearranged it.
20170418_231344.jpg

Hey back @Wantafire

This doesn't sound quite right, let's try some troubleshooting steps 

• Clear the cache and data on your mobile app (you should find this option in your settings page) 
  • Log out and log back in the app 
  • If still no success, a fresh new install of Spotify, it's most likely to fix this, as it sounds like a glitch, where your playlist just doesn't get the update, as in the desktop version, so in situations like this, it's better to give the app a fresh new start : ) 
MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think the only way you'll get the order you want on your android is to copy and paste all the re-ordered tracks into a new playlist using the desktop client. Once done, you can delete the original playlist.

Hello again.I've already tried everything you suggest. I reinstalled Spotify on my Android phone 3 days ago. It diden't work. Is it any way I can get back the order I had on my PC one day ago? Its hard so sort 845 tracks. It takes forever...and to have it ruined 1 day later is devastating.

Thank you but thats impossible thanks to the fact that the new order is gone now. I can't place them right on the first try. I have to listen and then relisten severel times and compare tracks to see what phase and intensity they have since that's part of how I sort them. I've been able to rearrange the trackorder in my playlist before. Just the other day I rearranged another playlist succesfully. It's just this one playlist that I can't rearrange.

Would this web site help at all? It seems you can sort playlists using various Echo Nest attributes.

Suggested posts