Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Layout issue

Layout issue

I have no idea what just happened. I subscribed to Premium a while ago and all of a sudden the layout reverted to the old, awful layout and I have no idea how to get rid of it in favor of the new one. Is this supposed to happen? Now my artist listing is once again a mess because it adds the Artist for every song I've Liked, regardless of whether or not I Follow them, as well as being listed in Albums (as just that one song!). I thought that deeply illogical layout was gone for good. Returning to the old layout is worse than using YouTube Music, even, so if there's a way to use the new, actually good layout, I would be thankful for information for how to change it.
Screenshot_20190522-200919_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @miskatatonic, help's here. 

Did you try a reinstall? Further, make sure your OS is up-to-date, and let us know your device model, OS, and Spotify version after reinstall. 

Keep us posted!

Hey there! Did a complete reinstall of the app, then did a factory reset of the phone itself before downloading Spotify again. (An OS update was released just yesterday so I figured it was about time.) Problem persists.

Phone is a Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) running Android 9 (May 1 update), Spotify version is 8.5.6.673.

Hey @miskatatonic

There's a newer Spotify version released. Can you make sure to update your app and see if it helps?

All the best!

I did, and the issue persists. The same thing happened on my tablet, incidentally, which had also gotten the update but then suddenly reverted. Is this a server side thing...? 😕

Hey @miskatatonic.

Thanks for getting back to us.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts