Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Like button likes the song but doesn't add it to Liked songs

Solved!

Like button likes the song but doesn't add it to Liked songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 9.0

I recently started to use Spotify again after around quite a lot years using the recently closed Google Play and I'm finding quite a lot of struggles the service, but I will leave the rant of how poorly Spotify has evolved over the years.

Anyway, I have 2000 songs "Temp Liked" playlist which comes from Google Play and the sole purpose is to "Like" them all to start using the app from the PC, phone etc.

- The main issues is that when I like the songs in either the W10 app or Web app the "liked songs" section only grows until 300 . I have 2000 "liked songs" that show correctly in W10/Web but on Android show only 300.

- Those songs actually have the "liked" icon if I see them in Android, but they don't appear in the "liked songs" section, only 300. So if I go to the "Temp liked" playlist all songs would have the "like" icon, but only the first 300 songs appear on the "liked songs", which makes no sense.

- When I "like" a song in W10/Web the "like icon" automatically appears on that song in Android, so it's synced. The same if I "like" the song on Android, it appears automatically on W10/Web.

- When I "like" a song in Android it does show on the "liked songs", which is non-sense, but they don't if I like them in W10/web, at least not after those 300 songs cap is reached.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
- Uninstalling apps on Android/W10 & using incognito modes

- Clearing the full cache and dalvik cache in Android via Recovery mode.

Currently the only way of having those 2000 songs showing on all platforms is to like them via the Android app, which would take hours...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @daviddgz

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow these steps when reinstalling the app on your devices? These can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over some screenshots where we can see the songs that you mention that don't show up in Liked Songs despite having the "liked" icon? You can attach them using the Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @daviddgz

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow these steps when reinstalling the app on your devices? These can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over some screenshots where we can see the songs that you mention that don't show up in Liked Songs despite having the "liked" icon? You can attach them using the Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Deleting the Spotify folder under Android worked, thanks!

Hey @daviddgz

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to hear that the app is now working as it should. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator

Suggested posts