Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics won't show due to "About the Artist" info showing instead

Lyrics won't show due to "About the Artist" info showing instead

With the latest update, artist information takes the place of lyrics for some artists. Considering there already is a way to see artist information, but no other way to see lyrics, this chage doesn't seem like it was thought through.

82 Replies

Hi there @bret_wieseler,

Thanks for reaching out. If you're referring to the desktop UI, then the button to show lyrics is still in the bottom right where it was before. Is this what you're referring to? What exactly do you see on your end? Some screenshots would be very helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The “all about the artist” replaced the lyrics on iPhone. How do we get the lyrics back??

no that’s not what he was referring to, on iphone you now can’t see lyrics for certain songs as it is replaced with ‘all about artist’ and there is no way to get it back. attached images to explain 

9E695678-157E-4C2E-931F-B896819996DF.png
672167BD-182C-4835-AC5F-6804898C5ADB.png

Hey @nsnsndisisi,

Thanks for clarifying.

Looks like you’re seeing a recent change our tech folks have made.

We're are often trying out possible alterations to the app, so you might occasionally see something your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. Your feedback on this is important and valuable to us, so thanks for sharing it here. Rest assured it has been forwarded to the relevant team.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Yordan, it´s very upsetting that we can´t get the lyrics anymore on iPhone, is there any way we can fix the issue? Thanks

It’s SUPER frustrating considering it was working fine until this ridiculous update showed up. Spotify, please change it back. 

I've reinstalled and reset, and changed accounts but I still can't see my spotify lyrics.. and just shows up “about the artist”

Yeah, I can completely relate. ITS SO ANNOYING. Please fix this

I can't see the lyrics on Android because of this. Super frustrating! 

Hey @yeriiloveeiii,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do people using the app around you have the Lyrics option for their accounts?

What's the device you're using? We also need the app version.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I also have the same problem, I can't see the lyrics of my songs, how to solve the problem

I use phone (Android)

Disabled folk often need to be able to read the lyrics to understand the the words in the song. Hope you can fix asap. Thnks 

Plan

Free

Country

Philippines

Device

Infinix ZERO 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

The lyrics on my mobile app aren't showing. Already tried to reinstall the app five times and cleared the cache. The lyrics shows when I log into different account (my roommate's) but when I go back to mine, lyrics aren't there. How do I fix this?

Hi there @yeriiloveeiii and @shahebaz,

Can you confirm if the behaviour is only on mobile or also on Desktop and in the webplayer? If you haven't tested that out yet, please do so.

Keep us posted

JoanModerator

it only happens on my phone.. I've checked on other devices and they show up the lyrics..

F713B7B0-8B1C-4CBD-8A0A-F0C258C2DF90.png

 the lyrics to this song showed before, now thanks to this update, a lot of songs lyrics are not showing. 

Hey @yeriiloveeiii,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Since it's affecting your mobile device only, it sounds like you’re seeing a recent change we’ve made. 

We’re always testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to at the moment, but it will get better in the future.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

OscarDCModerator

Why would y'all add that right there replacing the lyrics, if i wanted to knw abt the artist id just click on their name under the song 😭😭. This makes it harder to learn new songs 😕😕 

Its better to add a "hide lyrics" button or toggle the 'about artist' section under the song on and off in settings

Suggested posts