Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics won't show up

Lyrics won't show up

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Lyrics are not showing up on my Android phone even for popular songs that I know have lyrics available. The funny thing is I created a dummy account and logged in with it and suddenly all the lyrics show up, but I log in with my original account and they disappear again. I have tried reinstalling, clearing data and cache, etc. but nothing works. It seems to be a problem related to my account specifically? Also I have spotify on my Windows desktop and lyrics do show up under my original account, so it's an issue only with Android.

5 Replies

But do you see lyrics anywhere else? I live in Sweden and I see snapshots of lyrics here and there. But I can't find them. I have the Windows Store app, the iOS app, and the Mac app.

Like I said, I can see lyrics on windows as well as on the same phone with a different account.

Ok, do you use the Windows Store version?

No, I downloaded the standalone installer.

Hey @Psyquas, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This is one of the new features that Spotify is trying out. Spotify always tests possible improvements, so you might not see something your friends do or you might see something on a different account than your own. Spotify does appreciate your feedback and I’ll make sure your voice is heard.

Since you’ve seen this feature on the other account, if you would like to continue using the other one — you’re able to transfer your content from your old account to the new one following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Hope you’ll find this useful. I’ll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts