Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile] Shuffle feature is reset after changing songs

Solved!

[Mobile] Shuffle feature is reset after changing songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Every time I change songs on my phone, the shuffle feature is being reset - automatically! Meaning everytime I change a song on Spotify on my mobile, I have to also push the shuffle button, which is really annoying. I'm only experiencing this after the app latest update/new look & feel. I've been going through my Settings and also other forums but can't seem to find anyone going through the same thing as I am. Please help! Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mareleena.

Thanks for trying those things out for us 🙂

If it's only happening in the context of the Liked Songs playlist, then we can confirm that this is expected behaviour.

As a workaround, we can suggest that you add the song(s) that you would like to listen to next from Liked Songs to the Queue - that way, you'll still have Shuffle switched on.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @mareleena.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

First, could you try a quick reinstall of the app on your Android? This tends to solve a lot of common issues our users experience.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know if this is happening in specific contexts, such as when playing from the Liked Songs playlists, or is it happening irrespective of whether the song you choose is in Liked Songs or not?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 😉

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying!

So I did everything you asked me to but I still face the same issue. However, I've checked and it only happens for my Liked Songs. Playing other playlists shuffles fine for me. What else can I do from here?

Thanks so much!

Marked as solution

Hey @mareleena.

Thanks for trying those things out for us 🙂

If it's only happening in the context of the Liked Songs playlist, then we can confirm that this is expected behaviour.

As a workaround, we can suggest that you add the song(s) that you would like to listen to next from Liked Songs to the Queue - that way, you'll still have Shuffle switched on.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 😉

Suggested posts