Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Spotify app on Android crashes when I create new playlist folder in the desktop app

My Spotify app on Android crashes when I create new playlist folder in the desktop app

Hi. I have a big problem.

Here's how it all started:

A few months ago I noticed that I couldn't put my playlist folders inside newly created playlist folder (Windows desktop app). I thought ok, i'll wait, maybe they'll fix it.

Some time later i was using Spotify browser player and once again i was trying to move playlist folder. I thought I was successful but then it all started. Suddenly some portion of my playlists was out of place. Thats not all. Since then I cannot simply add new album to a folder by dragging. It always ends up outside the folder so i have to drag it once again.

End the biggest issue: Every time I create new playlist folder and add new playlist into it on my desktop app, my Android app crashes after starting. The only thing that works is reinstalling the app, but I have to do that every time I add new folder in the desktop app.

It's getting really annoying (I'm losing all my offline playlists). 

I expect it can be a bigger issue with playlists, since it concerns both desktop and Android app. But maybe not...

4 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

So I have just done what you suggested. 

After unistalling I've checked for redundant folders (there were none) reboot the device and I've installed Spotify app again.

Everything was worknig like a charm until... 

I've opened Spotify desktop app and created new playlist folder and put a playlist inside.

Then back on my smartphone I've reopened Spotify app, and it crashed after few seconds...

So now i have to reinstall the app again.

Grr, that must be annoying.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for your replies. That's what I'll do.

Suggested posts