Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My playlist has most songs grayed out on my phone, despite them all working on PC and friend's phone

Solved!

My playlist has most songs grayed out on my phone, despite them all working on PC and friend's phone

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S8, Macbook Pro,)

Operating System

(Android v 8.0, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I just got this new phone and for whatever reason this playlist in particular has most songs grayed out. Other playlists are fine, even ones containing songs that are grayed out on the problem playlist. I can search out every song and they are actually available on Spotify. Multiple friends who follow the playlist have no problem playing every song. It is a large 500+ song playlist.

I've tried logging in and out, deleting and reinstalling the app, clearing cache. It's my favorite playlist that I spent quite a bit is time making. I don't understand why it won't all work on just this phone in particular.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, for anyone else who happens to run into this same weird problem and finds this post, here's how I fixed it.

I got on my computer, went to the playlist, and highlighted all the songs. (Single click the first song, scroll all the way down to the last song, hold Shift and single click the last song. They should all be highlighted now.) 

Right click any highlighted song and click Add to Playlist. 

Add it to the same playlist. It will say something about them being duplicates, just click Add Anyway. 

It will then add every song again to the playlist, but the original songs you highlighted will still be highlighted. Now just right click on any still-highlighted song and click Remove from playlist. It will then take out every song you originally highlighted and leave you with the newly added duplicates. 

Now the playlist on your phone (or whatever was giving you trouble) will successfully be all available again. 

yay.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Ok, for anyone else who happens to run into this same weird problem and finds this post, here's how I fixed it.

I got on my computer, went to the playlist, and highlighted all the songs. (Single click the first song, scroll all the way down to the last song, hold Shift and single click the last song. They should all be highlighted now.) 

Right click any highlighted song and click Add to Playlist. 

Add it to the same playlist. It will say something about them being duplicates, just click Add Anyway. 

It will then add every song again to the playlist, but the original songs you highlighted will still be highlighted. Now just right click on any still-highlighted song and click Remove from playlist. It will then take out every song you originally highlighted and leave you with the newly added duplicates. 

Now the playlist on your phone (or whatever was giving you trouble) will successfully be all available again. 

yay.

Suggested posts