Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No "Storage" option with External SD

No "Storage" option with External SD

Hi guys, I've read multiple (15-20) threads about this issue but can't resolve it.

I have a cheap Android Tablet (Gadget Mini) that runs 4.0.4. it has an SD card slot, but the card gets mounted as /mnt/extsd in file explorer. The internal memory is listed as /mnt/sdcard, and this is where Spotify wants to save my downloaded playlists.

I have tried clearing cache from within the app; clearing the cache and data through settings > apps> spotify; manually clearing data through file explorer and deleting com.android.spotify, uninstalling and rebooting etc, and then doing the recommended steps to force Spotify to save to external SD (download quality to extreme, download a playlist of 400+ songs etc). The problem still remains that the app wants to save to /mnt/sdcard, which is internal memory, and is about 900mb in total.

Is there a known workaround to download to a "second" SD card (which is actually the primary SD card in this case)? There is no "storage" option in my app's settings...

Thanks
5 Replies

Just wondering if this is the same issue as with the CAT B15Q. Have you tried the following?

1. Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify)
  2. Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data
  3. Copy 'com.spotify.music' and all subdirectories from internal storage to '/storage/sdcard1/Android/data'
  4. Open Settings -> Apps -> Spotify then tap 'Clear Data'
  5. Restart Spotify and log back in again
  6. Set Download quality to 'Extreme'
  7. Try downloading a large playlist

Hi - the above steps didn't work. I repeated twice but no good as of yet.

Sorry it didn't work. You can use the online contact form to get direct help from Spotify. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Spotify just keeps redirecting me back to these pages. I think my only option is going to be to root my tablet and install an old version of spotify at this stage

As I said, "If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly."

Suggested posts