Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

Solved!

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

I've been using Spotify for the past years but I've encountered a problem recently. After it plays one song the next song has no sound, I have to manually start the song again if I want it to play, if i leave it alone though it stops the next song from completely playing. Like for instance I play a song now and after that song the next song has no sound then it just stops moving on to the next song. It's stuck at the last second of the song with no sound. It's really fustrating.. Help would be much appreciated. Btw, I already tried reinstalling it several times, still to no avail. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That doesn't work for me. Only thing that's helped is going back to an older version of Spotify before they created this bug.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I posted this one another thread.

If you go to http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old you can download an older version of Spotify - one before they introduced the fault. Go back about 3 updates. You need to click allow installations from unknown sources in settings as it won't be being installed via Google Play. I can now listen to Spotify in my car without having to pull over every 4 minutes to press pause and play 🙂

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Here is another great "solution" for you guys!

1328818593026.jpg

Just use your laptop instead

97 Replies

Same problem here!

I can just start the next song manual.

There's no problem at the desktop version and i can also start the desktop app with my mobile phone and there isn't a problem...

I'm having the same issue too. have you figured it out yet?

I am also having the same issue.

Same issue. I was thinking it was beacause of my old version of androdi (4.3). Which versions of the os you guys have?

I use same android os -4.3
Still no solution from spotify cares

Hi,

idem problem in my Playlist, Artist Radio after the update version make yestarday. Well I resolved (think) unistall and re install the App (before the uninstall cleared cache and all data). Now all tracks sound perfectly without stop. I have Android 4.2.2

Sorry, but English in not my language 🙂

I test it, too... But it doesn't help 😞
Maybe someone of spotify can answer... i think it would be great, because we pay for using spotify...

Same prolem here. Really frustrating, especially while running...

Not really solution or anything but i turned on crossfade and for some reason it started to work for me 🙂 not really solution, but hey! It's something 😉

Nooo ... online it works half an hour, offline 10 minutes. Frustrating. 😞
@Nepik: Ok, let's try ... 😉

Turning on crossfade seems to have fixed the issue for me

Awesome! Turning on crossfade worked for me as well! But the problem still persists without it.

Same here...seems to have started having issue after latest update. Works perfect thru bluetooth, tho. Samsung s4 android 4.2.2
-Carole
Gotta have My Spotify!

I have exactly the same no sound bug. It appears in a playlist I created. My phone runs 4.1.2 and I haven't noticed any issues before the recent updates either. And yes, it's frustrating when you pay for the premium and have to complain about some bugs here

Same here, app plays one song, rarely two then i have to start next manually. This happened after last update. I have Xperia M Android 4.3.

Different qualities doesn't work, diabling corssfade either.

It seems after one song progress bar is moving but song isn't playing. Taping on the bar fixes it.

Registered just to make this very topic, but found that it already existed. This started happening to me about two days ago and is really getting annoying!

Very occasionally it will play the following song WITH sound for me, but I'd estimate that it's probably less than 10% of the time. Also, to manually play the following song with sound, it's pretty irregular with how I get it to work - sometimes just pausing and unpausing will work the magic, but sometimes I have to go back and forth between songs or manually select it from my playlist before it decides to feature sound.

I hope there will be a solution to this soon!

Edit: Crossfade worked for me too! 🙂 Would still be nice to have it work normally though.

I've had the same problem, but only since about a week ago, when I updated the app. I did encounter this problem a long time ago (a year or so), but they fixed it at the next update. I hope they can be a little bit faster this time though, because it's really annoying. I checked if it was my internet connection, but I downloaded the songs in offline mode, and it's still occuring. We need help!

Get your sh*t together Spotify! It's about 2 weeks now!

**bleep**ing spotify developer all **bleep**!! They just taking our money

Suggested posts