Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

Solved!

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

I've been using Spotify for the past years but I've encountered a problem recently. After it plays one song the next song has no sound, I have to manually start the song again if I want it to play, if i leave it alone though it stops the next song from completely playing. Like for instance I play a song now and after that song the next song has no sound then it just stops moving on to the next song. It's stuck at the last second of the song with no sound. It's really fustrating.. Help would be much appreciated. Btw, I already tried reinstalling it several times, still to no avail. 

97 Replies

This is affecting my phone too, considering cancelling spotify premium because it's just too hard to skip to the next song while working out. 

I got help finding an older version of Spotify on Spotify version history,
Works great again.

this might be a workaround but the issue has been going for so long and they now even make it worst ...

the crossfade no longer work 😞

hey guys, those who has this issue..i suggest you go over this topic to report your issue..

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Premium-User-Play-stops-when-playlist-jumps-to-next-...

It works for me
Jaden Mattox

How did you go back to an earlier version of Spotify? I would love to get rid of the last update which stops the Crossfade solution from working. It seems there very large numbers of folks siffering from this problem and Spoify are doing nothing about it but releasing an update that stops the work around functioning. I think going back to an earlier version of Spotify might be the only solution as it seems they are completely incapable of fixing or not even bothering to try. One very unhappy premium member.

Hey mate, go on Internet and type Spotify version history and you Will find
it 🙂

Thanks mate. That's sorted it.

Crossfade worked for me too....for two days! Now even though I still have crossfade on, it doesn't play the next song.

hi guys..i think the latest workaround is to turn on gapless play as well with crossfade~ ..give it a try..

Marked as solution

That doesn't work for me. Only thing that's helped is going back to an older version of Spotify before they created this bug.

I sent a DM on Twitter to @spotifycares. Their reply: "Hey Laura. We're currently looking into this. Stay tuned for any updates /BU." Meh. That was 22 hrs ago.

I e-mailed the helpdesk and they replied to reinstall the app. However doing so has not helped at all.

Reinstalling does not help. Only going back to an old version works. It's
really quite alarming that their helpdesk doesn't know that. It really
seems that Spotify are becoming increasing clueless about their own
product. Folks on this forum know more that they do themselves. My phone
upgrade is due Wednesday. I think there's a good chance it's going to be
bye bye Android and hello iPhone and iTunes.

if the apple music is avaible for device below android 4.3.. i will already cancel spotify..i have both apple music subcription and spotify..their content is almost the same..but support wise.. i will say apple is way better than spotify...

A link on how to download an old working version? I will have to do this until a proper fix becomes available.

Marked as solution

I posted this one another thread.

If you go to http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old you can download an older version of Spotify - one before they introduced the fault. Go back about 3 updates. You need to click allow installations from unknown sources in settings as it won't be being installed via Google Play. I can now listen to Spotify in my car without having to pull over every 4 minutes to press pause and play 🙂

I sent DM about this to @spotifycares on Twitter and they replied promptly. After they suggested crossfade and I let them know that was no longer an option and people were resorting to downloading older verions they said, "We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the team currently working on this. Let us know if there's anything else /BY." So, at least that is a more immediate path to get heard by Spotify. Chime in with your issues!

I have moved down to one of the earlier versions and I hope this will help. I just hope I can stop it automatically trying to "update" me to the newer one.

It opens in the friendly mode that lets me see my playlists quickly in a list too, not that horrible icons screen of stuff I don't want.

Same problem. They should add a super primium option that lets you keep the working version and no updates. I dont want a hd video slowing down my phone. I want an app to play music! I get so mad when I have to wait for updates. Id pay twice as much for one simplified never changing app to play music with album art and the over complicated sync to everything app for when I build playlists.

Suggested posts