Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

Solved!

No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

I've been using Spotify for the past years but I've encountered a problem recently. After it plays one song the next song has no sound, I have to manually start the song again if I want it to play, if i leave it alone though it stops the next song from completely playing. Like for instance I play a song now and after that song the next song has no sound then it just stops moving on to the next song. It's stuck at the last second of the song with no sound. It's really fustrating.. Help would be much appreciated. Btw, I already tried reinstalling it several times, still to no avail. 

97 Replies

I'd also prefer updates to always be optional. Tell us there's a new version available and what has actually changed, and then let us decide whether to upgrade or not. Like, for example, enabling us to edit playlists on android.

Updates are always optional. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone,
go to settings, general, and select do not auto update apps.
Jaden Mattox
Marked as solution

by doki81 Tuesday

I would say that downgrading to an older version because of some bug is rather a workaround than a solution. Meanwhile, the "crossfade fix" has stopped working on my phone. The bug is still present in the latest version. Spotify, what the hell? Is this really what my "premium listening experience" is suppposed to be? 😞

Marked as solution

Here is another great "solution" for you guys!

1328818593026.jpg

Just use your laptop instead

Yes because it's so handy to run with a laptop and take a laptop to your
car!

It's becoming increasingly clear Spotify neither know what they've done nor
care based upon the complete silence from them on this issue.

I am having the same issue; it started about a month ago and crossfade solution seemed to fix it for a little bit. 

It only seems to happen when I have a cable plugged into the headphone jack of my Samsung GS4, over Bluetooth streaming I don't run into the issue. But, same as everyone here, advancing to the next song in a playlist (sometimes my personal playlist, sometimes a Spotify curated playlist, NOT "local" files -- all streaming or downloaded to device from Spotify) will go silent even though the the song appears to be playing. Pressing pause and then play fixes it, or pressing the back button fixes it as well. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I listen to Spotify while I am driving and constantly fiddling with my phone is unsafe.

YES I have tried a clean install, YES I have tried the crossfade solution. This is a BUG Spotify, FIX IT.

I am having the same issue; it started about a month ago and crossfade solution has also stopped working as of this week.

Agree with some other users that it only seems to happen when I have a cable plugged into the headphone jack of my Samsung GS4, over Bluetooth streaming I don't run into the issue. Pressing pause and then play fixes it. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I listen to Spotify while I am driving and constantly fiddling with my phone is unsafe.

This is a BUG Spotify, FIX IT.

Same problem for me, on phone and Kindle... Tried uninstall/crossfade/standing on one leg etc etc...

This product is not working properly. Please Spotify fix.....

Luckily my payment was due so, given the lack of response or action by
Spotify, I cancelled and am trialling google music, loving it in
comparison.

Currently in discussion with help desk....

Will advise outcome.......

I experience the same issue.

Same issue using android 4.2.2 with my offline playlists; next song timebar keeps moving without audio, i thnk it happened after last update, The only Premium feeling i have now is to pay.

I've been doing a bit of an investigation into this myself. Seems to
happen on all devices using Android 4 but not on any using Android 5. I've
just upgraded my phone to one using 5.1.1. Problem solved.

I have this problem as well. Makes the app really unusable in my opinion and a big fail from the devs. Problems like these should not occur and an a new version should never be released. I consider this a bug that should only occur in Alpha development.

Shame on you Spotify. You're a big company with a lot of paying users and bugs like these make you look like amateurs.

Sony Xpreria M. Android 4.3

Same problem. My spotify stops playing after 2 songs. I have tried to reinstall the app and close it down on all other devices. Problem started after last update and I have an samsungS6 and the andriod version is 5.1.1
Its not worth paying for it before it is solved. Have had this problem for 3 month now!

I am havin the same probs I have android 4.1.2 xperiaT it started 3updates ago inc the new one have reinstalled and still same probs .it doesnt do it after every song usually 2or3then it happens crossfade dont solve it either

Did the crossfade myself. Worked for a while but back to just stopping

Samsung G2

Same problem here. Songs in playlist appear to play but no sound - not very good if you're trying to listen to music in the car. Have tried reinstalling etc.. makes no difference. It's been like this since before the last update. Not imprressed.

Good news people! I just installed the latest update and ENABLED crossfade and my playlist is playing with no issues. None! YES! Hope this good fortune continues, but it looks very promising. 🙂

UPDATE: Well, it sort of worked, for awhile. Then it was working on and off, or not at all (back to advancing every single song manually). So, still not a solution. I was even having problems on my desktop using the web player, so that really stinks!! Keep changing the crossfade options to see if that helps, but no luck. Come on, Spotify! Fix it, already!

Suggested posts