Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Not connected to WiFi error when it is

Not connected to WiFi error when it is

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S24 ultra

Operating System

Android 14

My issue

I generally keep Spotify locked open (so when I 'close all apps', Spotify music keeps playing). Connected to both 5G and WiFi-6, when I want to quickly search a song, Spotify acts as though it has no connection for at least a minute. Going to the homepage, it also acts the same. When I close the app for real and reopen it, it seems to work again. 

I do consider the fact that Spotify gets quite strained lately. My liked songs also take a moment to load as it has over 4600 songs and I have at least 1000 albums liked and like 500 playlists. Downloads take up over 50 GB. 

Am I reaching the upper user limit of what Spotify can handle causing my connection issues, or would there be something else at play? 

I have tried to isolate the issue, no other streaming app (Netflix, YouTube, Soundcloud) has a similar issue, my internet connection is very stable and I'm running on the latest software releases.

Happy to hear your replies. 

1 Reply

Hey @Lex_P,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Does the 'No Connection' message appear only after a longer period of the app idling (as it's not getting closed) or even when it's still playing?

Such errors can indeed occur when the app is strained - you've mentioned you have a lot of music in Your Library, as well as plenty of downloads. It could also happen when you have insufficient free storage space. With this being said though, these errors would most likely be present even after restarting the app, so I'm inclined to believe your music collection might not be at fault at this time 🙂

Try removing your app's cached data to see if that would make a difference. Taking things a step further - you can also go for a complete clean reinstall of the app.
Note: Performing either of these actions will temporarily remove your offline content. It will re-download when you re-open the app, depending on your data download settings but keep in mind that the download process itself might initially slow down the app as well.

After performing these steps, play Spotify as you normally would and let us know how things go 🙌🏼
We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts