Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Notification and playback controls not working on Android app

Notification and playback controls not working on Android app

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android Version 12

My Question or Issue

When I click in a song to play, the playback bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't show up and neither does the notification bar when I go off the app, so I have no control over the music and the only way to stop it is to force close the app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and it keeps happening. It's also now randomly started stopping playing the music. I've seen previous threads with a response from Spotify saying that the issue is resolved and to make sure to use the latest version of the app. But I'm using the latest version available to me (8.7.38.664) and it's still a problem. It's quite annoying considering the £9.99 a month fee I pay so I can stream freely.

1 Reply

Hey there @jb33a

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone?

Regarding the issue with the "Now playing" bar, we suggest that you take a look at the Status update of this Ongoing issue for more info and a possible solution provided by another user. 

On another note, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Also, could let us know if the music keeps pausing if you're using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts