Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Now Playing screen changes when connected to a Bluetooth transmitter

Solved!

Now Playing screen changes when connected to a Bluetooth transmitter

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I connect my Bluetooth transmitter to my phone, my now playing screen becomes a simplified version of itself with no album artwork and the only options are to skip back, skip forward, like the song, or dislike the song. The ability to add currently playing songs to a playlist, go directly to the album, or any other options have been removed whenever the transmitter is connected, but returned whenever I disconnect the transmitter. How can I continue to use Spotify and the Bluetooth transmitter at the same time without this issue happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just heard back from Spotify Support and here's what they told me: "We've double checked this and it sounds like you’re seeing one of a few possible changes we're trying out.

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something different on the app, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period."

So I guess this thing won't go away until they're done testing it?

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Mine does that too and it really Bugs me

Same here! Completely ruins using the app on Bluetooth. 

Yeah my randomly switched to that screen a couple of days ago too and i've messed with all of my settings and it's still there. It's so frustrating.

I chatted with them on Twitter and apparently it's the way it'll be anytime you use Bluetooth, and there is no way to change it back. 

Did it come with an update or something? Because I don't recall my app updating when it happened. Did they say what the purpose of this switch was? Because yeah, honestly, it's ruining the experience when listening in my car.

Marked as solution

I just heard back from Spotify Support and here's what they told me: "We've double checked this and it sounds like you’re seeing one of a few possible changes we're trying out.

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something different on the app, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period."

So I guess this thing won't go away until they're done testing it?

I just experimented. I had renamed the BT car stereo on my phone to my BT headset. The following morning the basic screen was back. The renaming alone isnt what worked I guess. Not even sure if that had anything to do with it. It seems that what has worked for me is that while connected to the car stereo, I turned on my headset as well which caused dual BT to turn on, on my phone. The screen immediatly switched to artwork view. I was able to turn back off my headset and it stayed in the desired view. Hopefully this works.

That didn't work.

That may have worked for you, but it didn't change anything on mine. Glad you fixed yours! 

Ugh. That sucks. It was driving me crazy. And you guys renamed the transmitter in the droid BT settings and renamed it to a device that doesnt change the view like a headset? Try "LG HBS760" exactly as I have it.

Edit: 

I just experimented this morning. Upon getting in my car it was back at the basic, **bleep** view. But....upon turning on my BT headset, it put my phone into dual BT mode and the screen switched to artwork mode. I was then able to turn back off the headset and it remained in the desired view.

It seems the name change had nothing to do with it. Just happened to notice as I was working on this issue last night after the name change. Its the temporary dual BT that fixed it for me.

Same thing happened to me. It was really pissing me off so I found a loop hole. Before you connect to Bluetooth, play a song. While the song is playing, connect to Bluetooth. Now BEFORE it connects, grab the fast forward slider and keep dragging it around and don't release it until the Bluetooth is connected. This should force the app to continue to give you the option. Worked for me. Hope it works for all of you.

Thanks, going to try this, renaming didnt work for me. I hate this sooo much!! Need it to go away. I wish they would listen to the users and remove the feature, that is just horrible and not better for safty, worse actually!

I have tried the renaming, I've tried turning the dual mode off/on, sliding my finger around the slider thing & nothing, I also tweeted them & they told me "it's part of a new test" that's why only some user see it & others don't

So I have had more time to experiment. I had to turn off spotify in the waze app. Turn off waze in the spotify app and leave my headset BT connected to my phone at the same time as my stereo. After connecting my headset I back out of the basic song view to the album then go back into song view and its good but I have to keep both BT connect to maintain the artwork view.

I had to talk with Spotify via live chat and tell them outright that I am not paying to be a part of a test group. They changed my app back to normal within a week's time.

Where do I go to chat with a rep, need this removed asap and clearly they are not listening to us here. 

Here, you need to fill out a contact form and you'll be able to get in contact there. https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/ I just asked them if they could pull me off the testing list or whatever it's called and they did it. My screen is back to normal! 

Thank you!! I cantacted them and asked to be removed. They said they have put in the request, so we will see if its changed back once I get in my car to drive home. Will update soon. 

It took about 2 days for them to approve my request and get it removed! So hopefully you'll see your original screen by Friday! Good luck!

Suggested posts