Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Only playing introductions

Solved!

Only playing introductions

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

OnePlus 8

Operating System

Android Oxygen

My Question or Issue

After about 15 songs, it switches to only playing song intros (15 seconds). I have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work temporarily. Any assistance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JB3stix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Next time this happens, could you try another thorough reinstall of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer?

Also, attach a screen recording of what happens exactly after 15 songs. I’ll take a closer look for you.

Let me know how this goes! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JB3stix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Next time this happens, could you try another thorough reinstall of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer?

Also, attach a screen recording of what happens exactly after 15 songs. I’ll take a closer look for you.

Let me know how this goes! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Good morning Billy-J,

I reviewed the article, took all the steps listed.  When I got into my car this morning and attempted to listen to the "This is Journey" playlist, it only played the intro (13 seconds) to the first song and stopped.  I tried other playlists and it wouldn't even play them at all, message on the screen "this selection not available"

Hey @JB3stix,

Does this happen on a different network connection? Can you also attach a screenshot or screen recording of what you’re seeing exactly?

Also, let me know what plan you’re on and where in the Spotify app does this start to happen.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Good afternoon Billy,

It says I have "premium"  and I am not sure the next time I'll be in  the car to take a screenshot. I have no issues playing songs through my laptop and can select songs on my phone which automatically play through my laptop and not the phone. Do I need to be logged out of Spotify on my laptop when I move to my car?  

Hey @JB3stix,

Oh okay so this only happens in the car? Everything works fine on both mobile and desktop? 

If so, follow the steps provided in this support article and let me know how this goes.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts