Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Parrot astroid NOT working any longer...

Parrot astroid NOT working any longer...

My parrot asteroid smart is no longer working with the Spotify app...

It use Libspotify 12.1.134.gba1124f3Release Android-arm[parrot]Mobile

I suspect Spotify has updated and is no longer backwards compatible...truly disappointing service in auto segment...is not replaced every year as with smartphones...please post if you experience same issue...hopefully Spotify can fix Libspotify to link again...

17 Replies

My spotify on the parrot asteroid smart has been **bleep**ty for the last year and a half. not wanting to let me hear certain playlist, as for example my "Discover weekly". then here at the 18th of february it stopped working completely as it tells me i need a spotify premium membership, which i have been having for the last 4-5 years. I am very disappointed.

I have the same problem, but then for Parrot Asteroid Classic. In the software no changes. Must be Spotify denying acces! Should I end my subscription or is a solution to be expected? 

Please can somebody from Spotify explain what's going on????

Same problem here, Asteroid Smart user.

Same here. Spotify not working. It’s not on the list of apps available either. I suspect it’s Parrot denying access?? Can anyone explain. I will probably just cancel my Spotify Premium membership if not resolved soon.

Hi,

Same problem here..

Deezer is working

I just got word from spotify yesterday that app integration for the Parrot App is stopped, if we want to use Spotify it the car we will have to do it via bluetooth, i got a refund from Spotify today, and signed up with Deezer, it works fine on Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Same problem, and the "Search" function stopped working long before that. Parrot doesn't care after I contacted them....

Thanks for the info. Desolating.

Confirmation received from Spotify that they have withdrawn from Parrot .  Here is their reply.  Frankly, I have heard all this tosh before from others (eg TomTom ) - my belief is that its all about money and when they fall out, one of them pulls the plug.  I doubt it will ever return.

" We are always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. we are sorry that this means you are not ablr to use the app on your Parrot Asteroid. But, you can always connect your device via Bluetooth.

We can't say when or if any specific features will be back.  But, as soon as we have got anything to announce, we will let everyone know via the Spotify Community."

I told Spotify I was ceasing my subscription.     Make of their reply what you will.

Same problem here

Same problem with my parrot asteroid tablet . If no cure within a month I will not continu my family account and switch to another music streamer that still supports my parrot. 

Well this is dissapointing this was one of the reason i actually paif for a preimum account. Has anyone tried sideloading an older version of the Android app to see if that works? 

Same problem here ...

Was a pain the **bleep** to get working, and once it worked it was SOOOO slow and had the audio quality of a 1980's cassette ghettoblaster

I have the same problem. Disappointed... 😞

Exactly the same here! 

First the application send me a error message « you must have a premium account » and then close. (I do have a premium membership)

a

After a few tries, the app disappear completely from my screen. 

I cancel my premium membership, go to deezer!

Suggested posts