Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Phone freezing

Phone freezing

I'm experiencing phone freezing after using Spotify app. Typically, I am unable to unlock the phone for several minutes, until it recovers. Frequently, this happens to me when I open Spotify for a brief time (for some searching or checking), and then I exit.

I think this is a Spotify issue because problem seems to disappear when I kill Spotify process . I'm using this trick everytime I exit Spotify to avoid this inconvenient freezing.

Also, I'm noticing random Spotify lagging, as if there were connection problems, although Internet connection seems to be ok. For example, playlists don't load, songs don't play, searching doesn't show results.... It usually recovers, but then it fails again some minutes later.

Phone Sony Xperia Z1. Android 4.4.4. Spotify app: 2.2.0.636.

Thanks.

1 Reply

I had this same problem with my lprevious Samsung smartphone.  I found that the reason for my issue was that I had to much installed and running on my smartphone and it made the Spotify lag and/or freeze.  It helped when I cleaned out my phone...I cleared out anything that was taking up space like I removed all my pictures/videos from the phone and added them to Photobucket and then removed any programs on the phone I was not using.  I found that this really helped.  Not sure if it was the removing of the pictures/videos or the unused programs, but it did indeed help.  When I purchased my new Samsung, this problem went away completely.  I hope this helps you!  Good Luck!  🙂
Karen

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

Suggested posts