Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playback Quality Issue

Playback Quality Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG G5

Operating System

Android

Issue

So this may end up being a common issue that's just difficult to search for, let alone describe.

For some reason, the audio playback on my phone will cap out at, what sounds like, "low quality", even though streaming settings are set to automatic.  I've tried manually setting the streaming quality to "very high", but this doesn't remedy the issue.  I'm able to "fix" the quality issue by moving the timestamp around when playing a track, however, repeatedly moving the timestamp switches between the correct quality and the, forced, low quality; bizzare.

I've tried about every combination of quality setting (even turning off settings like volume normalization), but the issue persists; even after a fresh install.  Thankfully, the issue is isolated to the Spotify app, as all other apps sound normal during playback.

Hopefully that description is enough for someone to understand what's going on, because this is such a bizarre issue.

1 Reply

Hey @Sygfreid,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome. 

Would you mind quickly double-checking your device’s operating system is up to date? If you end up installing any updates, it'd be great if you'd also restart your phone and reinstall the app one more time.

Furthermore, just to confirm, do you experience the same issue if you use a different internet connection?

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts