Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playing local files on Android

Solved!

Playing local files on Android

Does anyone know if there is a plan to allow playing of local files on an Android device? When I created a playlist from my local files I was disappointed to find so many tracks that are not on Spotify. I have the CD's for the missing tracks so I'd like to import those songs into a playlist, but the local file songs can only be played on the PC and not the Andriod device.

Apparently Google Play allows this, why does Spotify not allow it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @goldhealer,

there is indeed a way to listen to your Local Files on your mobile device, it's called Local Files Sync.

Click on this link to come to the official description on that. I did also a step by step description which goes more in detail if there are any more problems. So please follow this steps carfully and if there are any furher questions, let me know.

Have a good one!

Q

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @goldhealer,

there is indeed a way to listen to your Local Files on your mobile device, it's called Local Files Sync.

Click on this link to come to the official description on that. I did also a step by step description which goes more in detail if there are any more problems. So please follow this steps carfully and if there are any furher questions, let me know.

Have a good one!

Q

Thank you that worked! I see that the key is to make the song Available Offline.

Suggested posts