Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playing tracks plays sound but does not appear as playing

Playing tracks plays sound but does not appear as playing

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12 

My Question or Issue

When I play a track, the sound starts. But the track does not show as playing. So I cannot pause or control the track in any way other than exiting the app to stop it. Even in the media menu for Android, the track does not show as playing. I can press the play button on whatever track appears in the media menu, but nothing happens; the sound track I initially pressed play on continues to play, while nothing shows as playing in the app. 

4 Replies

Hi @joeburg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

What you describe is very odd, but there are some things we can try here. To start with the basics, please run a clean reinstall of the app following these steps, they will ensure your phone is free of any leftover data that may be causing trouble.

If it doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. I can start a song, but then the play/pause/skip buttons vanish. I can't stop the music from the top bar you can pull down. The phones built in media controller don't even recognize that anything is playing from Spotify. I have to close the whole app for the music to stop.

Yes--that is the thing that happens, and also the only way I have found to deal with it.

Hey folks! 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Just to make sure, have you tried following the steps @MafeG sent previously? 

Also, we suggest that you log in to your accounts on a different phone to check if the same happens. 

If the issue still persists, sending us a screen recording of the issue happening would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts