Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist skips to the first track, when starting with a later track.

Solved!

Playlist skips to the first track, when starting with a later track.

When we start a playlist somewhere in the middle, to continue where we were yesterday, sometimes the playing stops after the track is finished and the focus skips to the first tyrack, sometimes pausing there, sometimes playing on from the beginning.

How can I continue where I was?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Happy to hear this 🙂

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi, are you a premium user or not?

Yes.

This happens on a particular device? Mobile or desktop? We need more details 🙂

It happens on my android phone and android tablet with android 6.

We cast to Googlecast. Sometimes he returns to track 1, sometimes he plays on where I would like.

When I click next track while playing, he also sometimes returns to the beginnneing of the playlist. So it is not debilitating, I can open the album and play from that, but I would like to keep control over what is going to play.

Thank you very much for the swift reaction.

Ok thank you for the informations.

Last questions: did you tried in offline mode? You're a premium user, so you can try if the same behaviour happens also on a downloaded playlist and in offline mode. This is to understand if the problem is a network issue.

And check if in the queue the song are in the right order. If you want you can try removing all the songs from the queue and try to play the playlist again.

Today I tested offline mode and that functioned correctly.

How can I check the que on my phone?

So it could be a network issue. 

On your phone you can check the songs queue when you play the music in this way:

2DFBFC2E-235E-4B8D-A0B1-3033592985AB.png

You have to click on the list icon in the top right corner and you will see the full list like this:

A07E765D-06B3-4371-8416-A6FE99AC595B.png

Check if the queue is the one that you want to play 😉 I hope this will help you. 

Thank you ever so very much for the streamlined conversation.

Did you solved the issue?

Try if you have the same behaviour on the same network. 

If you experience the issue with 4G, try with WiFi.

If you experienxe the issue with WiFi, try with another WiFi network or on 4G.

You're welcome 🙂

Having the same issue. 4g or WiFi. If I try to start playing somewhere in the playlist it takes me back to song 1 and the queue gets much smaller 

Looks like the issue is only with Chromecast

Try to reset the Chromecast. You can do this from Google Home app or removing from charge the Chromecast for 1 minute.

After the last update, Spotify doesnt 'see the Chromecast. My tablet or phone does, I can vcast the screen and sound, but Spotify gives a blank... Something gone amiss this update?

Did you try to reset Chromecast from the Google Home app?

O yes, I did that.

But miracle o miracle, late in the evening Spotify recognized the Chromecast again... The technology has its mysterious mishaps...

For the moment I''m fine with Spotify and Chromecast.

Marked as solution

Happy to hear this 🙂

I am having the same issue, playing from playlist on iPad via connect to iPhone, which is connected to stereo. On Wi-fi. 

I am hav8ng the same issue on iOS . Playing via connect from iPad to iphone

Suggested posts