Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Posso solo mettere in pausa-I can only pause

Posso solo mettere in pausa-I can only pause

Listening podcast with locked screen I can only pause, I can not skip....why?

Dal menù a tendina o con lo schermo bloccato posso solo mettere in pausa i podcast, non posso ne passare al episodio successivo né skippare di 15 secondi.... Come mai? 

Plan

Student

Country

Italy

Device

Redmi note 13 pro

Operating System

Android

8 Replies

Hi there @Fuffi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We hope you don't mind a reply in English as is the official language of the Community!

Did you see these options before? Or have you always just had the option to play/pause Podcasts from your Lock Screen and Notification Bar? Also, do you get the option to skip or go back when listening to music?

In this case, you can try going to your device's settings > Notifications > App notifications > Spotify > Playback, and make sure is enabled. You can also check Spotify has all notifications options enabled from there. Then restart your device and check if that makes a difference. 

On another note, if you were able to see the options before, it would be best to reinstall the Spotify app by following these steps. No worries, you won't lose any saved content, but you'll have to download your offline music again.

If nothing works, could you send over a screenshot of the options you get for Spotify on your Lock Screen and Notification Bar? Additionally, send over the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll be here!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Previously I could either skip to the next song or skip forward 15 seconds, then these options disappeared. I tried to do as you suggested but still I can only pause.

I'm running Spotify 8.9.52.552

As you can see I gave spotify all the permission I could

Thank you for your help

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.59.09 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.59.09.jpeg

  

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.55.11 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.55.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.55.11 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-01 at 10.55.11 (2).jpeg

    

Hey @Fuffi,

Thanks for the reply and for all additional info!

Just to check, are you currently using a specific theme for your phone that changes its appearance or layout? Sometimes, certain themes can interfere with the app widget and its functions.

It's worth trying to change the theme, should that be the case, and also give your phone a quick restart to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Everything is in default (predefinito) mode....I choose a pre-installed icons pack, but I just tried with the defolt one and nothing changed

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-14 at 18.39.00.jpeg

Hey @Fuffi,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

To continue investigating this behavior, it would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be device-related or not.

Also, include in your next response the exact OS version of your device.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I logged with another account but nothing changed. 

Im running the latest veresion of xiaomi hyperos on android 14

Hey @Fuffi,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

If a different account logged into your device is showing the same play/pause button only, it's possible that the issue could be device-related. To make sure of this, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from the same friend/family member to test it out. 

Also, since there's an updated version of the app, would you mind checking if you have the Spotify app updated? If so, please include the newest version you're currently running in your next response.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem.

On my old phone, I was able to go forward and backward using the notification.

On my new phone, I'm only able to pause/play.

I have already tried clearing the cache, uninstalling the app, restarting my phone, updating, and allowing everything in the notification settings.

Spotify version 8.9.82.620 (which is the latest one available for me)

Xiaomi 14T Pro

Android 14 UPIA.231005.007

Xiaomi HyperOS 1.0.11.0.UNNEUXM

Suggested posts