Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problems with upgrading on premium

Solved!

Problems with upgrading on premium

I've upgraded my account to the premium proposal and i'm still unable to use the spotify aplication on my "smart" phone. It's still saying to me that I've to upgrade...

Well, i've tried to uninstall and then install again the application on my computer/android ... does not work at all !

Any idea / help / joke ?

Sorry for my frenchienglish !

97 Replies

Hello- 

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. I have the premium receipt, but my android phone still won't let me play anything but radio.

Thanks.

Answer number 1,070: Spotify is working with this problem.

Hi

I am having same problem. I have had Premium for awhile now, but my card got shut down due to fraudulent activity. I went back on to change card numbers, and now I am a Premium account holder again. However, on my DroidX, evertime I try to listen to a song , it says I am not a Premium holder, and it gives me options of listening to the radio, canceling, or upgrading my account. I click upgrade my account, and it takes me to a page that shows I am a Premium member. What the heck??? I have tried signing out and signing back in multiple times, and nothing changes. 

Answer number 1,071: Spotify is STILL working with this problem.

hpguru, that's great. But do you have any idea when we'll be getting our account upgraded? And I paid two weeks ago, so will I get my money back or get extra time?

We need to know a bit more than you just "working on the problem". Even though that's good to know.

Karl.

Spotify will fix this problem asap, perhaps in this weekend/24 hours.

For possible compensations or refunds, contact to spotify staff here http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ -> contact form.

Thanks!

Is there a solution to this problem or do you have to individually figure it out for everyone cause I am having the same problem.

Is there a solution to this problem or do you have to individually figure it out for everyone cause I am having the same problem.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi everyone- Things should be up and running for you now. 

Please do a quick sign out/ sign in. If you're still having any trouble let me know. 

Hello,

I have been an unlimited users for months now. Today I thought I would like to try premium for a while. So my 18 days that were left of unlimited this months turned into 9 days of premium usage. However, because of this bug, I have not been able to use this app. What is Spotify gonna do about that? We're gonna get extra days? Cause today just feels like a day for an unlimited user.

Yours

This is realy amazing. I see lots of messages stating people can't use their premium account. But not one solution. How is this possible.

By the way, I have the same problem

Presumably because there is no solution, other than waiting for the Spotify servers to do what they have to do.

Its working now 😉

Yes I am logged in, but I can't download playlists.

Oh great! And it only took 13h. My playlists are downloading and it seems to work!

Its working fine now. Just had to be patient for 1 jour.
Marked as solution

Hi everyone - We're truly sorry for the inconvenience some users experienced yesterday as there was a delay in the upgrade to accounts. 

The good news is things should all be back to normal. If you're still not receiving Premium after a quick sign out/ sign let me know.

Dammit spotify! Still not working. Its been three weeks now since I payed for Premium membership and still nothing. This is by far the worst customer service I've encountered. By far!

Hi karmyk21 - I've just had a look at your account. It seems you've just upgraded to Unlimited, not to Premium. 

If you want to use Spotify on your mobile devices you can upgrade right away from your subscription page. For more info on each subscription option just click here

Meredith, that's just not true. I've paid 99NOK (checked my bank history), twice (because I'm stupid), and as you'll know: that is the price of PREMIUM membership. UNLIMITED membership costs 49NOK per month.

So obviously you're at fault here. Get your act together.

I will NOT "upgrade right away" for the third time.

karmyk21 - You have a few payments of 99NOK linked to your 'karmyk21' account. However, these are for download bundles--not for the Premium subscription. 

Your last subscription payment was 49NOK for Unlimited. If you want to upgrade to Premium you need to do that directly via your subscription page

Suggested posts