Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Radio based on ALL my music?

Solved!

Radio based on ALL my music?

Is there a way to start a station based on all your music tastes, i.e. based on everything Spotify knows about what you like? So you can just hit 'Play' and get an endless stream of tracks you'll (hopefully) like. I don't mean just a playlist of tracks from 'My Library', but new, similar stuff too, to help you find new artists/tracks you like.

Or can you only start radio based on a specific song, artist or album (which will then limit the genre of what gets played)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I don't think that's possible. There's some workarounds to get a pretty good radio station however. You can always go to your Library, select all songs, add them to a playlist then start the Playlist Radio.

Or, if you're like me, have saved all your Disover Weekly into a single playlist (mine is called Discover Weekly Archive) you could start a radio based on those songs. That option is pretty good because those are Spotify's recommendations for you based on all of your listening activity.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I don't think that's possible. There's some workarounds to get a pretty good radio station however. You can always go to your Library, select all songs, add them to a playlist then start the Playlist Radio.

Or, if you're like me, have saved all your Disover Weekly into a single playlist (mine is called Discover Weekly Archive) you could start a radio based on those songs. That option is pretty good because those are Spotify's recommendations for you based on all of your listening activity.

Hope it helps!

Thanks. I was hoping for something like an 'I'm feeling lucky mix' on Google Play Music (I'm not sure if Play Music even has that option any more - I think they removed it?), but those are some good workarounds, so I'll give it a go. Thanks!

I agree.  The proof:

1) Launch your "Liked from Radio" playlist, then choose "Go to Radio" and instead of hearing a variety of artists and songs from past to present based on all your personal diverse "Likes", you will instead hear ONLY 'current' artists you have "Liked".   NOT what you would want, and a total deal breaker for Spotify.

2) Also, go ahead and TRY the "work-around" mentioned he, copy all of the songs from "Your Music" to a new playlist named "My Music" (or whatever) and then follow the sames steps as #1 above and you will have the same results.  You will only hear a small subset of current artists.

SPOTIFY PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER.  This is blantantly obvious, whether it is intentional or not there is no way to know, but it is bad and your competitors don't have this issue.

Like I said, it's a deal breaker.

Google Play Music still have this feature its at the bottom of the homepage when you start the app.

Yes, Play Music is really great for sure.  However, I prefer the Spotify UI over Google Play.  That being said, I am afraid the quality of the playback might just have to win out over the UI preferences.  I hate to have to switch back to Google for premium after just purchasing Spotify, but this is such basic functionality not to have right after all these years it is probably a deal breaker.  Pandora is far superior in regards to 'radio' playback, as is Google and even Apple.   (Unfortunately Pandora has not updated their ipad app for their premium service yet, which for me is a problem)

Thanks for the replay though!! 

Suggested posts