Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

Solved!

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

In the new update for the Android app, it seems they removed the option to play all playlist in a folder, is that true? I used it all the time because I follow a lot of playlist and to be able to listen to them all in shuffle mode where fantastic... 😞 So is it really true or am I missing something?
283 Replies

This really sucks. Spotify is not the same for me anymore due to that silly removal of a fully functional feature.

Can we please get this feature back on iOS. Why would you remove this, this is pushing me towards Apple music

**bleep** Spotify?? Super frustrating. Why would you do this? I already found it a PITA organizing my listening in your **bleep**ty UI. Now I can't stand it. SMH. Time to look at other services again. As a Premium subscriber, I'm willing to pay for my music, but I have to be able to PLAY WHAT | WANT, HOW I WANT.

Come on Spotify, why removing such an awesome feature? Shuffling folders was the way I listened to music, now I'm fuc***. Fortunately I have an old iPhone 4 stuck with a previous version of the app to play songs in my car. But my iPhone 7 is now just useless... Thanks a lot.

I downgraded my Android App to version 6.5.0.1816 and have the feature back (you can find the installer in apkmirror.com). There's no other way of getting the feature back other than waiting for Spotify to read this thread and become interested 😕

I really don't understand why they removed such gem of feature.

Same issue here.. I got very frustated to pay for something that has changed features which made me choose it.

Hi you still have the love. See my replies yesterday and instead of random
shuffle make it yours and press the 3 dots by songs you like and choose up
next or queue and you have your 🔥

Hello, it's not clear to me how that solves the problem, but I really want the love and the 🔥.

This feature is fundamental to how I organize music. For example, I have a "Summer 21017" playlist folder containing many albums, each as its own plalist. I want to shuffle all albums in the folder. This is killing me. 😕

It's a big loss! The ability to play all songs from a folder was a lifesaver when you have too many specific playlist... Bring it back!

Why WHY WHY is this simple, basic feature gone? I am super frustrated because of the way I made playlists over the last FIVE YEARS, and now the only thing to do is make new ones? SUPER, SUPER LAME,
SPOTIFY.

BRING IT THE F*** BACK.

Your only option is to download an older version of the mobile client (check apkmirror.com).

Apparently, Spotify is basing the decision on "low usage" of the feature. However, I believe they are not considering the fact that they have two very different types of users: Those who use the service to listen to premade playlists (who are often free and don't need this feature), and those who have proper music libraries (who are often paid and love this feature).

I am pretty sure that they are not weighting us paid users properly in this design decision. And it's sad, because if my hypothesis is true, it is free users who are driving the architecture of Spotify.

I HATE that Spotify removed this feature! I'm a paid subscriber and have a number of playlists in folders. I also follow a number of weekly playlists which I shuffle when I want to hear new music. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK

People, please help us get the Shuffle Play feature for folders back by sending your feedback to @SpotifyCares on Twitter! 🙂

Here is a work around. On my desktop PC it"s still possible to shuffle all the songs of my playlists (264) in a folder. On my desktopversion of Spotify (1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6)  down on the right side you can link this to your mobile (wifi) when you' ve started Spotify on it (in shuffle mode!). Than, your mobile (android in my case) plays the songs of the folder in shuffle mode.

Hope it's clear.

People, please help us get the Shuffle Play feature for folders back by sending your feedback to @SpotifyCares on Twitter! 🙂
Marked as solution

Just downgraded to version 7.6.0.1219.1678 (one of the latest versions I remember being able to do that) using APK MIRROR, as one suggested, and deactivated the automatic update on play store. So far, so good. Link to all musics inside a folder seems to be working just fine.
Still, it's pretty absurd the fact that Spotify CONTINUES to try to remove existent features. As another mentioned, they really seem to prior the Free Users instead of the Paid Users demands. I've been premium on Spotify for 2 or 3 years now, at least (actually I think it's been around 4), and I'm tired of seeing situations like these... Paid users requesting, at least, ATTENTION, and not getting a single reply from the staff. I've decided to research for the best Spotify alternative, and I'll move my subscription. Spotify has a great database, but it does not compensate this eternal sh*tty customer service.
(This is just a workaround we should not be obligated to find. If you too would like to position yourself against it and take some more attitude, complaining also "directly" with Spotify Staff, you should take a look in this thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-Back-quot-Shuffle-All-quot-for-Playlist-Fol...)

Any news? I still miss this feature..

Just a workaround but if you shuffle the folder on the desktop app and then connect your mobile spotify on the same network he will ask you if you wish to continue listening on your mobile. Say yes and boom. As long as you dont change your current playlist your good to go.

Suggested posts