Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

Solved!

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

In the new update for the Android app, it seems they removed the option to play all playlist in a folder, is that true? I used it all the time because I follow a lot of playlist and to be able to listen to them all in shuffle mode where fantastic... 😞 So is it really true or am I missing something?
283 Replies

Thanks for your solution but is not useless for me, i always listen music in my car and I don t have a laptop with me..

You'll have to downgrade your mobile app. You can get an installer (*.apk) from apkmirror.com. Look for a version from around February or March 2017, those still have the Play All feature.

Hi,
Unfortunately I have iOS.. Thanks

I miss this option a lot. But I can't find it anymore, not even on my iPad. Do you iOS users have found a way to shuffle a folder on iOS using the latest version of Spotify?

Also there was a possibility to mark a folder as "download" so that all playlists in it would be downloaded and available offline.

C'mon Spotify, bring these features back!

Hi Android users.

I've published on Google Play a free app to "relief" the problem.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sandrokl.playlistmerger4spotify

For instance, I create a new playlist and set a "merging rule" to combine
all playlists from a folder in the new playlists. After creating the rule,
they are saved, and next time I just have to click "Run" to refresh them.

I hope this helps.

We want to keep the individual playlists.  Sometimes we want to randomly play all songs across all the playlists.  Sometimes we want to play the songs just in a specific playlist.

Marked as solution

@dejg3, my app won't touch the original playlists. it will just create a new one, or update the selected destination playlist with the tracks of the configuration you've created.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sandrokl.playlistmerger4spotify

This is a workaround, but it is not an actual solution to the real issue

JUST FIX THIS ALREADY

Agree - this is my workaround too.

Although sometimes the "shuffle" option on the desktop app seems to go awry and select only one folder...

Hi, perhaps ! Doesn't the new "merged" list follow the 10,000 limit though ?

What happens if I merge 10 lists of 2000 songs ?

Why would they removed the play button from the folder album on the mobile app?!? MAKES NO SENSE!! It's still available for the desktop version but not the phone app?! BRING IT BACK, I NEED IT!!

I can't believe it. Why would you possibly do that?

Please Spotify bring back this feature!

Bull**bleep**. Why would they delete this option. Anyone got a music provider where this works? Thanks. I will ditch Spotify, only doing what they want and not listening to paying users.

You right. They never listen they'r community, lot of people want this feature back, is a basic feature.
And we pay..

This is ridiculous. 😡 What is the point of playlist folders if you can't shuffle within them? I used this all the time.  Stop removing useful features for no reason!  IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!  

Unacceptable ! This feature is a basic feature ! How it's possible to choose to remove it and think that's is not a problem for the user. Unbelievable....

We want this feature baack!! Pleaseeee!!

Send a Tweet to @SpotifyCares asking for the feature to come back!

Let's keep this alive.

Suggested posts