Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Scrobbling / Last.fm support using Chromecast Audio

Solved!

Scrobbling / Last.fm support using Chromecast Audio

I would love to get a Chromecast Audio, but I really enjoy tracking my songs via Last.fm. Will the songs you listen to be scrobbled (i.e. submitted to last.fm) when you are streaming or casting via the Chromecast Audio? And if not, are there any workarounds to achieve this? 

I have searched online, but so far I haven't been able to find an answer. 

EDIT (14 Aug 2017): There seems to be a solution, discussed here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Scrobbling-Last-fm-support-using-Chromecast-Audio/m-p/18291...

70 Replies

Finally!! This works perfectly here. 

It's been great tho, all the hours figuring this out and testing workarounds on every device, learned a few things here and there... glad the Last.fm folks have answered our prayers! 😉

Thanks for confirming, on which Chromecast Audio device do you use it now?

@ thanks for the update. BTW, your link doesn't seem to work. 

Can anybody confirm whether gapless playback is possible with the chromecast? 

@ I'm running a regular chromecast audio, a first gen chromecast video, google home and android tv, it's work on all of these cast devices

could you provide a correct link to your other post?

@peterpixel no afaik it isn't, only the mobile and desktop app support this

Marked as solution

peterpixel schrieb:

@Bramvh this Last.fm post explains it: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

That's right, this is the official announcement which I also mentioned in my posting. Apparently it is hidden somehow, because I can still see it, maybe Spotify Community thinks it's spam. They are having problems with spam robot attacks recently.

Anyhow, the new Spotify Scrobbling (Beta) feature on Last.fm is supposed to work with all devices where you can use a Spotify app like Xbox, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Bose SoundTouch, Gramofon, other Spotify Connect devices, Spotify web player in all browsers etc., and you can enable it on your Applications settings page in your Last.fm profile. Don't forget to disable the internal Spotify scrobbling if available, because you may get duplicate scrobbles when switching devices. And caching offline scrobbles is not supported, so if you lose your internet connection, the scrobbles are lost, too.

@Bramvh: Thanks again for testing it on your Chromecast and other devices.

Thank you. If this continues to work like I think it should it will make me very happy.

Looks like this has stopped working 2 weeks ago, anyone else noticed this? I have to turn back on all the interal scrobblers 😞

EDIT: by just disconnecting and reconnecting both services you can get it to work again!

I have missed so many scrobbles with the Beta Scrobbler. It does not scrobble when tracks are played by voice command using Google Home. Tried disabling/enabling many times. It only works for a day and stops scrobbling again.

Marked as solution

Now Last.fm have a server side scrobbling meaning from any Spotify Connect device without any logins, cheers: https://www.reddit.com/r/lastfm/comments/7ywer5/you_can_now_link_your_spotify_account_directly_to/

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Suggested posts