Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Section for new episodes of podcasts I follow has disappeared

Section for new episodes of podcasts I follow has disappeared

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I used to have a section on the main screen of the app that would show me new episodes of the podcasts I follow. It has disappeared completely, and a reinstall didn't bring it back. Is there a way to add this section back?

It was something I used 90% of the time I opened the app and made it a lot easier. The Podcast section in the "Your Library"  tab at the bottom isn't that helpful because it is full of podcasts I only listened to once and do not follow. For example, the Parcast network has some "Best of 2020" thing that adds things constantly and I can't get rid of, even after unfollowing all their podcasts.

5 Replies

Hi @geoffpaulw

Welcome to the Community!

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So does the response mean the section is gone? There's no setting I can change? I'm specifically looking for the new episodes section - I have rows and rows of things I don't listen to, but I can't find the episodes I actually do!

Hi there @BodegaKitty,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm if you're app looks like this?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I dont have this problem though i do have BodegaKitty's problem, i listened to podcasts here and there, some of which i clicked on accident, but now those podcasts appear in my new episodes section, is it because its suggested content? Or some glitch that appears on mobile and desktop? I've tried clearing my recently watched podcasts and songs, but some geniuses at spotify decided to remove that feature for "Improvements". I seriously hope this is a "me problem", instead of something that everyone is dealing with. You can see below that the Implausive podcast is in my new episodes feed, but im not following that podcast. Who, what, when, where, why?

image_2021-07-20_151903.png
image_2021-07-20_151938.png

Hey there @SerTomato1,

Thanks for the post.

The New Episodes section updates according to what you listen to. This means that the more you listen to your favorite podcasts the less randomly clicked ones will show.

Also, make sure you don't activate the Private listening whenever you listen to your favorite podcasts, this way the recommendations will adjust according to your interests.

Currently there is no way to manually remove those.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts