Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Several usability issues with longer playlists

Several usability issues with longer playlists

Plan _ Premium

Free/Premium

Country _ Finland

Device  _ Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

Operating System

Android 13, with Samsung One UI 5.1 running as well

My Question or Issue

Can't be the only user who is having tons of problems with longer playlists. I put lots of whole albums on playlists to check them out, and often end up having playlists that have 200 - 3000 tracks on them. Yeah, long lists I know, but they're just data tables in the system, aren't they? Shouldn't be that hard to handle.

Here are issues I'm encountering constantly. As far as I can tell, these issues are specific to longer playlists:
* When adding a whole album to such a list via mobile app, sometimes it does not appear at the end of the list, but somewhere in the middle. If I've passed that point on the list when listening, it means I may miss the album completely.
* In the mobile app, when playing something from a long playlist and being in the song view screen, on top of screen pressing down arrow or "PLAYING FROM PLAYLIST [name]" does not always navigate you to the position on the list of the song that's playing as it should, but to the start of the list. This is completely random, and to get to the song position, you may need to go back to song view and try again, until you finally get there on the 2nd or 5th try.
* When pausing a long list via headset button and resuming, restarting playing is random. Sometimes it resumes in under 30 secs, but often you need to press play twice, resulting in a snippet being played and then paused again. Then on the third press, playback finally resumes.
* If creating a new (longer) playlist on the desktop app, it may take one to several hours for it to appear on the mobile app. Restarting the mobile app or the phone does not help, you just have to wait for it to appear.

Who cares about visualizations or other video on the app? I'd like very basic stuff like this to function properly, please and thank you.

0 Replies

Suggested posts