Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Share song stopped working Android 8.0 October 5 update Spotify 8.4.21.508

Share song stopped working Android 8.0 October 5 update Spotify 8.4.21.508

My Google Pixel Android 8.0 device took October 5 update last night. Now when I try to use the Share option from ... to share a song to a friend, the music stops playing and I'm returned to the Home screen. Can someone assist? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Spotify 8.4.21.508.

8 Replies

I've deleted app data, uninstalled, then manually deleted the com.spotify.android folder, then reinstalled. Problem still reproduces. 

I'm in precisely the same boat, Currently running a Pixel XL on Anroid 8.0.

Haven't tried reinstalling yet, but it seems like it's a problem with this specific Anroid version. Patch please Spotify 🙂

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem! I was scared my Pixel was already breaking down after less than a year of use

Just a little update on this. I had some discussion with SpotifyCares on twitter, was able to walk them through repro and completed with their test account so they could gather some data. They have a repro and dev team is investigating. I was excited when I saw update yesterday to Spotify but it doesn't fix the problem. I think the only workaround is to reset and not take the October update. I've verifed this doesn't reproduce on Android 7.1.2 with latest Spotify app.

1. Installed G-PLaylist widget on Vivoactive HR

2. Installed G-Playlist on Pixel XL Android 8.0 Security Patch 10.05.2017

3. Uninstalled and re-installed latest version of Spotify v8.4.22.87 armV7

4. Select Share playlist (or album) in Spotify 

5. Spotify closes when trying to sync with G-Playlist 

Same issue here on a Sony XZ1 Compact with Android 8.0.

I got another ping back from SpotifyCares, they are still investigating. My guess is if they can't fix this already that it requires an Android OS update, so might be screwed until the next Android update. For now, I've rolled my device back before the update. Pain in the **bleep**, but I love sharing that much!

Which is a shame for some of us. Running an XZ1 compact which came with 8.0 out of the box. The recent October update didn't resolve the issue. 

Suggested posts