Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle is bugged, stuck on Smart Shuffle and only plays songs in one genre

Shuffle is bugged, stuck on Smart Shuffle and only plays songs in one genre

Recently I had listened to a lot of metal music. However, this genre only represents a portion of my Liked Songs, which is a lot more diverse.

Since a day or two ago, every time I try to play my Liked Songs on shuffle, Spotify will ONLY play songs in the metal genre.

I have tried selecting and unselecting one of the other genre filters, turning shuffle off completely, and even trying to play other playlists (shuffled and not shuffled). Every time, Spotify toggles Smart Shuffle back on and inevitably returns to playing only metal music when I try to listen to my Liked Songs.

I have also tried clearing my cache and force stopping the app, with no luck.
7 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The issues related to the "Shuffle" feature are commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. Even if you've cleared cache within the app, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall process by following the steps in this article. This process clears all the remaining cache, fixes internal files and ensures you have the latest version of the app installed on your device.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Happening to me too but with rap :,) like where’s my metal, edm, folk and other music at

Hey @Nuclearraccoon,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried the steps that @OscarDC suggested above?

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to send over the device info that was requested in the previous message, as well as a video where we can take a better look at this behavior. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have playlists I play in shuffle mode (smart shuffle turned off). After a few songs it still plays autoshuffled songs that does not fit into my playlists at all. This is really annoying! It makes those playlists unusable.

gfredhei_0-1720526033209.png

How can I stop this madness?

I'm actually finally committing to canceling premium and uninstalling this app for good. Nothing but a hard time and I've had this account for 7 years on 5 different phones. Completely garbage app. Good riddance. 

I have the same problem. Its only recommending me alt rock, it was hip hop before

Hey folks, 

For anyone still experiencing this issue, make sure to follow the above suggestions from @OscarDC. If that doesn't work, please send over the info that's been previously requested in this thread. 

Also, let us know if you've tried any additional troubleshooting steps so we can avoid repeating those. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts