Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle playlist on offline-mode

Shuffle playlist on offline-mode

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

HTC 10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist of around 450 songs downloaded on my phone. While driving to work, i'm using offline-mode and want to listen to my playlist on shuffle-mode.

I recently noticed, that i'm skipping through a rather small part of this +450 songs. The songs i heard on the way to work, i hear again on the way back home - while only driving 20-30 minutes, that should not happen.

So today on my way back - same songs as this morning. So i looked which 3 songs were the first in line and skipped and skipped the next songs - all heard in the last few days, nothing new. Then i reached again the 3 songs i remebered as first 3 in line.

So now i want to know, why this happens. Is the offline-mode not able to continously generate a ongoing playlist of the whole playlist and is limited to a fracture of the playlist, expecting it to suffice?

I'm really anoyed by this behavior - i mean, my first MP3-Player (Archos Jukebox) was able to do better than this. So using a modern smartphone - this app should be able to generate a shuffled playlist of my whole playlist and i want to hear the first song in line, only after i heard/skipped the whole playlist.

2 Replies

Shuffle has sucked for years, I'm pretty sure they don't care.

I left spotify for this reason. Used google play music, but that now being shutdown for YT music which is also garbage offline. I was hoping this issue had been resolved...guess I'll try amazon music...

Suggested posts