Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Smart shuffle makes sounds unplayable if there's no internet connection

Smart shuffle makes sounds unplayable if there's no internet connection

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung SM-M315F/DSN

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

If you use smart shuffle in your favourite songlist (all sounds are downloaded) without an internet connection, all songs are unplayable or play with a big delay.

2 Replies

Hey @SoundFox,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, just to confirm, is this happening as well when you activate the regular shuffle option? If yes, please let us know.

We'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that the Smart Shuffle feature adds some recommendations to the playlist, but for that, the device has to be connected to an active internet network. When you're offline, the app cannot add those suggestions to the playlist. So, in that case, we suggest you deactivate the Smart Shuffle feature when offline. If the playlist is not playing, you can soft reset the app (close it and open it after deactivating the Smart Shuffle).

Keep in mind that the regular shuffle option should also work offline. If that's the case, as well, please let us know and send us the exact Spotify version you're running on the affected device.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

1. Plan

Premium

Country

South Korea

Device

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold6

Operating System

Android Upside Down Cake (14)

My Question or Issue

Hello! Wanted to report something I finally figured out that others might be having issues with. When I have smart shuffle enabled from the Liked Songs page, I'm unable to play a random and arbitrary selection of songs from my downloaded songs. Tapping on the song removes the small tab at the bottom and nothing plays. However, the minute I shift to standard shuffle, all songs play as expected.

Hopes this helps save someone an hour of frustration, fyi 99% of us hate smart shuffle with a passion!! 😄

Screenshot_20240913_210441_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240913_210433_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts