Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song/Playlist radio not working

Song/Playlist radio not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

LG G6

System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I can't seem to start radio playlists anymore, from neither songs nor albums. Tried reinstalling the app, didn't work. I couldn't find anything in settings either. Every time I try to go to song radio it states "Missing playlist

This playlist is no longer valid. Please try another one."

...except it does this for literally every song and album.

Would really appreciate any tips on this, since I used to use song radio a lot.

17 Replies

Hey there @ClaireBear

Help’s here!

In case the app reinstall didn't fix this for you we suggest checking if you experience the same when connecting to a different Internet connection. If it works with another network, it's best to contact the service provider of the original connection for more information. 

If you see no difference when trying another network, send us a screenshot showing the error message you receive. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I am having this same issue on my Galaxy Note 10 plus. It happens on both wifi and mobile data. 

Screenshot_20210424-213522_Spotify.jpg

I have also been experiencing this today, I use the radio feature regularly and this is the first time it's done that. Very frustrating not being able to find any helpful info online
..or anywhere

Hey @LukeAdams6 and @malloryy24,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, did you already try clean reinstalling the app by following the specific steps in this guide? Those are very thorough and are helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If it doesn't help, can you let us know exactly what's happening when you try to start a Radio? If you're seeing any error messages, can you send us a screenshot so we can take a close look?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The error page I got is the same as @LukeAdams6, 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and in, cleared the cache, etc. 

I've tried going to several artist and song radios and it ends up the same. 

Screenshot_20210425-194200~2.png
Screenshot_20210425-194940.png

Hey @malloryy24,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

Can you let us know if this happens when using a different Internet connection, like a WiFi network?

We'd also like to know if it happens on any other devices where you use the app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I've tried on my phone and computer, as well as using other networks and cellular data. No luck.

Have this exact same problem as well. I have downloaded some artist radio and when I try to play it says missing playlist

Hi folks, 

Thanks for your replies.

Can you try logging in with a different account to test if the Radio feature works as expected there? You can ask a friend/family member for theirs or create a free account for test purposes.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've also just started encountering this issues using Song Radio today on both my Pixel 5 and the web player from my laptop browser using Google Chrome.

Attempting to use song radio from my phone returns the same "Missing Playlist" message from above.

Attempting to use song radio from the web player returns to a long wait before I get "Couldn't find that playlist"

Restarting/clearing cache/reinstalling yields the same results. Same goes for switching from data to wifi. I'm a premium member if that has any effect on it.

Hey @derpman_brown

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you try to log out and then log back in twice in your devices? We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

That did the trick, thanks!

Hi @derpman_brown,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

sadly the same thing started for me today, same error message/screen as the others but in german. I'm on a OnePlus 5 running Android 10 with the Spotify Version 8.6.54.818

Hey @en20,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

There is an ongoing thread here, where your issue is being investigated. Make sure you follow it to be updated on the latest status and add your details there, so we can pass it on to the right folks.  

Cheers!

XeniaModerator

I have the artist. How to make my artist radio? When I click my artist profile "Go to artist radio" come in a message: "Couldn't find that playlist". If I click anybody artist radio, it works.

Hey @sandorcser,

Thanks for the post.

Can you run us through what troubleshooting you've done so far, so that we can recommend more relevant ideas.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts