Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs in my Liked songs taking a very long time(>10 sec) to respond when i play

Songs in my Liked songs taking a very long time(>10 sec) to respond when i play

Plan

Premium student

Country

South Africa

Device

Hisense E50(RAM 4GB, ROM 64GB)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hi community. hope you guys are doing well.

I am here for help because this is an ongoing issues since end of February. Whenever i want to play my music from the liked songs playlists, it takes a very long time for the song to play. i didn't have this much problem(i do have sometimes), but since the end of February, this problem is happening every time, meaning consistently.

this issue is seriously irritating me. my data is currently on my 32GB SD card.

i tried to clear cache, data, reinstalling, clean reinstall, restarting the device, moving it to my internal storage, using a different SD card(which is also 32GB), and resetting my device to factory (this was my last resort) and nothing seems to resolve the issue.

plus my internet is normal and i use different networks since i go to varsity.

i also reduced the quality of streaming and downloading.

despite the effort, the problem still persist.

What's even more weird was the issue didn't occur on my other playlists(Daily mixes, hip-hop mixes, RNB mixes, any other mixes), and also didn't occur much on the playlists i created. its only my liked songs that's the problem.

and what's even more weird is this problem didn't occur on my pc (windows). when i play songs on the liked song playlist on my pc, it works smoothly, responds normally.

long story short, songs on my liked playlists responded normally on my pc but takes a long time to respond on my phone.

i have over 7000 songs in my liked playlists since i like music and i just cant let this go.

so my last resort is to post this so you can tell me how to resolve this issue because i tried following instructions and it doesn't help. it's a frustrating experience. i need help.

please respond as soon as you finished reading.

thank you

kind regards 

16 Replies

Hey there @Flyboy_T

Thanks for reaching out about this and kudos for the troubleshooting you've tried so far!

To narrow down the possible cause of this, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if they can replicate this behavior? It'd be helpful if you could ask someone with less amount of Liked songs since in general, large playlists can affect the app's performance. 

If they can't replicate this with their account on your device, we suggest that you split your Liked songs playlist into smaller ones to see if that does the trick. 

If they can replicate the issue, you mentioned this happened across multiple networks, have you tried with both WiFi and cellular? Also, sending us the exact Spotify version of your phone would come in handy. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi. My version is 8.9.22.539

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Google pixel 7 pro

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

When playing songs from Liked Songs playlist, the player delays on playing the chosen song. This does not happen when searching a song or playing from another playlist.

Playlist creator & Ableton Live Producer.

Thanks for the info @Flyboy_T. @Matva, could you also confirm that you're running the same version?

A short screen recording which captures this behavior in action would also be greatly appreciated. If you can't attach it here in your reply, you can instead upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video, or to a cloud service, like Google Drive (just make sure the file is accessible by anyone with the link).

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Version 8.9.22.539

Recording here https://photos.app.goo.gl/4pcSiGAQGy38sc2B9

This IS with audio https://photos.app.goo.gl/hsbB2w7zg8V4a6Vk8

Thanks @Matva!

I see that your Liked Songs playlist was downloaded. Could you folks try downloading another playlist to see if the issue would still occur?

If it doesn't, something else you can try is reducing the size of your Liked Songs. I recommend backing them up first with the desktop app by selecting all songs with Ctrl + A (Cmd + A on Mac) and adding them to a new playlist. You can add them back later with Ctrl + A > right-clicking on a song > Save to your Liked Songs, but note that they will be added with a new date.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator

Hi Yordan. I'm pretty sure that won't work..I already did it before (reinstalled the app and downloaded many other playlists and the problem persist.). In addition this issue was not happening before even having 8k songs downloaded, and in other playlist downloaded as well didn't happen. I'm just letting you know it might be a bug on that kind of intelligent playlist.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards

Matias

Hi. No it doesn't. It's just only the liked songs

Thanks for the replies folks.

There's currently an issue with offline downloads, which might be causing this, so feel free to check it out, as we'll be posting updates there.

It's also worth re-downloading your Liked Songs to see if that does the trick.

YordanModerator

tried that. didnt help

Does an email account play a role in the issue?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Sasmung A52

Operating System

, Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

For a month now, songs in my "liked songs" have been taking an endless amount of time to load when I press on them. i have to wait about 1 minute for the song to play. but this only happens with my "liked songs" and only on my cell phone. I don't know if there are too many songs in my playlist or what else is causing the problem

I have the same issue. very annoying, makes the app not very usable. This has been going on for a few months now. Just playing a song from an album doesn't have this issue, only happens with liked songs.

Same issue here still not fixed. Really a massive pain hopefully someone can fix this asap or provide a fix that makes it more usable. I've used Spotify for many many years but this is really frustrating and makes me wanna look elsewhere to not have this issue. Was fine on apple device but Android seems to have this issue. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

Xiaomi 12 Pro

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Browsing the forums, I've noticed a pattern that the limit for good app performance seems to be ~10k songs in a playlist or library. I'm currently sitting at around 11k songs in my liked songs and there are quite noticeable performance issues on my phone, such as the app taking minutes to start working on launch, same going for trying to play my liked songs playlist as well as an increase in complete freezes/crashes of the app. Are there any plans on improving this? It seems that it the performance becomes slower and slower as my library grows, and I am afraid that the app will become too slow to deal with in the future. I would really like to be able to keep all my liked songs without these performance issues.

Suggested posts