Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs not playing offline.

Songs not playing offline.

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Samsung A50

Operating System

Android V9

My Question or Issue

1)If I am offline I am unable to login into the Spotify app. It says you are offline kindly login first. 

Therefore I cannot open the app without Internet in the first place

2) I am unable to listen songs offline because it keeps on getting downloaded again and again. Even after downloading all of my songs, once I go offline the green colour download mark disappear and i cannot play offline. 

Please help me out with this and I have Bought a premium subscription too. 

7 Replies

Hey, @Hussain_08 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, could you let me know if it is happening on just one device or you're experiencing it across multiple devices?

As the first troubleshooting, you can try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device to check if the issue is happening because of cache and data corruption. 

Please, take a look at this following support article to get help with it:

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have performed a clean reinstallation still the problem exists. I can't open my app without the Internet too. I have to login again and logging in requires Internet.

And the songs I downloaded 4hours ago have to be downloaded again.

Please help. 

Hey again, @Hussain_08 

Thanks for keeping me posted about your situation... Sorry to hear that this didn't make the trick.

Just in case, do you use any cache-clearing app or something similar? (Apps that cut off the activity of the app on the background or that has permission to manage the data). If it's your case, could you try to disable it to see how that goes, please?

Looking forward

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

There aren't any cache clearing apps in my phone, not that I can find any. Please provide some other solution as the problem mentioned earlier still continues. 

Hey again, @Hussain_08 

Please, could you check if your phone settings are optimizing the use of Spotify on the background? Check it following it:

1. Go to Settings
  2. And then, Battery
  3. Tap the three-dot icon at the top
  4. Battery optimization
  5. Tap the drop-down arrow
  6. All apps > Spotify
  7. Don't optimize

It also could appear in:

Settings > Battery > App Power Saving > Detail > (if On) Spotify > Turn off.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you force stop the application and start it again. You can also try to log into another Spotify account and check if the issue occurs there.

Anyway, keep me posted! I'd love to continue helping you.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

The battery solution isn't working too. Please help with that, if I can't download then there's not much use to me for premium. 

Hey again, @Hussain_08 

It doesn't sound good... Now, I need that you confirm if you are experiencing this issue just on one device or multiple ones. I need this information to better understand what is happening and provide you further recommendations. 

I know this experience may be frustrating, but don't give up, you can bet we will solve it together! 💚

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts