Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs stop after 10 seconds on Nexus 6 with T-Mobile

Songs stop after 10 seconds on Nexus 6 with T-Mobile

I'm running Android 5.1 on a Nexus 6 using T-Mobile. Sometimes the app runs smoothly, but lately, I've had an issue where every song I select stops after exactly 10 seconds and never loads. Only restarting my phone entirely fixes the problem. I've noticed this happens when my phone has been on a while and ran Spotify like 12 hours prior. I've tried force closing the app and that doesn't work either.

I do go between Wi-Fi and data frequently, but it happens almost exclusively in data. And connecting to Wi-Fi doesn't fix the problem once it has already started, either. I have the most updated version of the Spotify app as well.

Help.

6 Replies

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

This is uncool. Really!

If you reinstall your app, eg. remove that from your phone, reboot your phone and install app back, does it work better?

If still the same, just let me know with details eg. phone model, app version etc. and I will escalate this.

Greetz!

Jyrziu :d

Having same problem with identical carrier/phone/os. Some google sleuthing suggests this may be due to T-Mobile LTE not being IPv6. Considering canceling my premium as a result.

Hope the more tech savvy can help.

Same here. T-Mobile/Nexus 6/Lollipop 5.1 It was working fine until this past Friday (5/8/15). I had the same issue with an HTC M8. Why am I paying for premium service when it doesn't work? Last time the issue went on for so long that Spotify gave me a free month but what good is a month free when I still can't use the service?

I have the same issue with a completely stock tmoble nexus6. This sucks. Main app I use, period. Will need to cancel premium if it can't be fixed.

The device came with 5.0 installed. I verified the issue is present in 5.0 and persists through the 5.1 update. I also notice the nexus 6 switches off LTE way more than my Samsung s4 did. I might have to ditch this awesome device because of these connection problems..... 60 dollar restocking fee here I come!

Trying the APN solution found in the following link.

https://m.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/304he9/spotify_connectivity_issues/

Sorry I am just now replying, but I tried reinstalling the app recently and that doesn't work. Hoping someone can help here.

Suggested posts