Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmarj

Device

OnePlus 11

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Hi,

This has not previously been an issue for me but since i switched phone (OnePlus 7 on Android 11 to OnePlus 11 on Android 13) a week ago i have had issues with my Sonos speakers not appearing in my Spotify app.

I can usually fix the issue by reauthorizing my Spotify app in Sonos S2 but this is quite irritating to have to do on a daily basis.

Ive tried most things i can think of. Reconnecting my speakers, power cycles, uninstall and reinstall app...nothing seems to give me a permanent fix.

No network changes has been performed.

Pls help!

Top Answer
ryznerz
Music Fan

While fiddling with my phone I've accidentally stumbled upon the culprit and a workaround - tested many times on my end so I wonder if @Dpe1983 @tronnyjeverton or somebody else can test as well to see your outcome.

My home WiFi network is a dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) using single SSID. You'll need similar setup to replicate following steps. In the phone, go to Settings -> WiFi -> WiFi Assistant. There you'll find Dual Wi-Fi acceleration - turn that on and that will take you to another screen showing your primary Wi-Fi (the network you are connected to) and other available networks to which you can connect as 'secondary'. Here I select again my home Wi-Fi, which connects the phone to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. The moment you do that, Sonos speakers become visible in Spotify Connect.

At this point I thought the problem is related to Wi-Fi band, but that does not appear to be true - I tried to run my Wi-Fi exclusively on 2.4GHz and speakers were still disappearing. Same for 5GHz. Same if I disable the 'acceleration' feature. Only when I connect to both bands, speakers will appear. Wild.

I haven't found much about this feature, but it's proprietary of OPPO and Vivo, so I guess OnePlus inherited it with ColorOS (labeled as OxygenOS on our phones). It would explain why only specific phones manifest this issue. Bad news is that this feature seems buggy in general - I see it drops the secondary Wi-Fi often even when you are still in range and it does not reconnect to it automatically. So when you leave your home for example, you have to manually go to the settings and connect to the secondary again once you get back. Also I did not find a way how to really disable it - if I just turn it off in the Wi-Fi Assistant menu it won't make my speakers visible, so I assume it's still somehow running. 

63 Replies

Edit.

I just pulled out my old OnePlus 7t on Android 12. It had been reset to stock, so loggede into Google account and installed the Spotify app. Straight away all my Sonos speakers appeared in the app.

So my best guess is that the issue is isolated to my new phone with Android 13, OnePlus 11.

Anyone with similar experience?

Hey @Dpe1983,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

If this behavior started after a specific OS update to your device( in this case Android 13), then this is most probably outside of Spotify's control to patch.

It is best to inform your device manufacturer that the latest update that was pushed to your new device has introduced a certain incompatibility issues with the Spotify app's Connect feature.

We will keep updating our app on our end with general fixes and stability improvements, but can't promise that this specific issue will be addressed, since, as we mentioned, it sounds dependent on the recently pushed OS update, which we have no control over.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I agree that this is most probably has to do with Android 13 possibly in combination with my new OnePlus 11 phone, given that the functionality works fine on my old phone.

Would like to hear others using the Oneplus 11 if they have similar experiences.

I have of course also contacted OnePlus regarding the issue.

Has Spotify tested the functionality on Android 13? If yes, this could help point at the device manufacturer.

/David

Hey @Dpe1983,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The behavior you mention is expected due to a number of factors such as the OS, factory settings and limitations from certain devices. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Rest assured, we'll do our best to pass it onto the right teams at Spotify, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hopefully you'll see if it gets improved but we can't guarantee when or if this will be taken into consideration.

Take care! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, same issue here. I paired my nest audios in stereo setup. I can see this stereo setup in Google home. I can see the stereo setup in Spotify on my old oneplus 8 pro and my gfs Samsung 22 but not on my oneplus 11.

Thanks for info. I've passed this thread along to OnePlus via my ongoing support case.

Hello, I just posted the below on Sonos forum about same issue, if it helps:

Having same issues after upgrading from a Oneplus 6 (Spotify x Sonos wasn't perfect but it worked all in all).

Sonos app directly works fine but I really dislike the Spotify experience on there. 

A few other things I've noticed:

- Spotify is finding my Google Home Mini generally fine so doesn't look like a WiFi issue

- My laptop (2022 Macbook Pro) connects to Spotify fine and when I last tried to connect that way then switched to phone the connection started working again. So in a way a fix, albeit not an ideal one

- When playing Spotify via Sonos app then trying to play direct on Spotify (via phone speaker) all playback stops and Sonos alerts me that Spotify account "is in use elsewhere"

Help! We  need fix ASAP 

Although I'm sad you're having issues, I'm glad it's apparently a general more widespread issue and not my device.

Please, file a case with OnePlus support. You can refer to my case number 230227-006966.

OnePlus is really not showing me much support on the matter, so the more who opens cases on this the better.

Btw, my Spotify app also finds my Google Hub and Chromecast, but not my Sonos...

Hello,

Same issue with my OnePlus 11 on Android 13. I have a number of Denon and HEOS wifi speakers and they don't show up in Spotify Connect. My Google Nest and some Lenovo clocks do show up.

I tried a fix with emptying Spotify cache and restarting the phone. After that, one HEOS speaker showed up for a while, but disappeared the same day. 

Don't want to do this often of course ...

Someone have a fix yet?

Please open a support case with OnePlus, and reference my original case no.

I've had the same inconsistent show of speakers when trying to reset e.g. network settings.

No fix yet I'm afraid.

I did open a case at OnePlus 

To add: my sons Pixel 6 on Android 13 works just fine, all speakers visible in Spotify Connect. So I think an issue of OP 11, maybe in combination with Android 13

Same issue here, recently upgraded my OP7pro running A11 to OP11 phone running A13. After some investigation, can confirm the issue is specific to OxygenOS A13 only. My workaround has been, reboot phone then launch Spotify app within the first minute, phone will see the network connected Sonos speakers etc for the first 8 or 10 minutes. Shortly thereafter, the Sonos devices will disappear from Spotify connect and not be available / visible again until another phone reboot is done. I read somewhere online recently, the issue might be due to A13 having its own built-in media player (sorry no linked source). Does anybody with Pixel 7 have this issue too? Has anybody found a different temporary workaround? 

Hi Dpe1983, any new information from your OnePlus case? 

Hi Spoonie, any new information from your OnePlus case? 

No, OnePlus is not responding to my issue in any way. Really disappointed with the way theyre acting. Ive guided them to this thread, but seems to not take any notice...

And like magic, mine is now working again. And nice and responsive too.

Wow, thats strange. My speakers still doesn't show up. Did you get an update for your Op11?

Yes I did, about 2 days ago I believe

Can I ask you to check which version you're on? I'm on CPH2449_11_A.09.

Suggested posts