Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect - stream to Mac mini from Android phone

Solved!

Spotify Connect - stream to Mac mini from Android phone

Hi

Any tips on how to use Spotify Connect on my android phone to play Spotify tunes on my Mac mini (which is plugged into an amp and used as stereo)?

In the past I've used third party apps to remote control Spotify on the Mac. But now that that the Spotify android app is so much better than any third party app, I would like to skip the middle-man.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible with Spotify Connect just yet as the desktop client isn't Connect enabled but it should happen in the future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible with Spotify Connect just yet as the desktop client isn't Connect enabled but it should happen in the future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same configuration at home...
Mac mini.... WiFi... And android phone..
I have solve my problem with two software.
On Mac I have installed AirServer for active the airplay function (Mac mini are my speaker)
And on android phone (Note2 with leaked 4.4.2 rooted) I have installed airAudio premium for send the audio of my phone through airplay.
The quality of the sound are high.

Warning: the phone are to be rooted for output through airplay the system audio to high quality level 😉

I know are not like connect but... The result are the same..
Android are the controller... And Mac mini the audio receiver.

Any idea when 'the future' is?   

Not trying to be snarky this is a basic funcitonality request and Spotify's lack of attention to customer requests is pretty shocking for this day & age.  Guess they just riding the gravy train into the sunset?  (or wall?) 

I can't recall another company with such little interest in its customers (being generous here).  

They never give timescales for future developments, unfortunately. I'd keep an eye on this idea for news.

Suggested posts