Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect support on Android 2.1

Solved!

Spotify Connect support on Android 2.1

I have an old Sony-Ericsson X10 Mini Pro that I thought I would connect to some existing active speakers and use as a Spotify Connect slave. The X10 Mini Pro is a Android 2.1, 320x240 pixels phone.

I updated and reset the phone, downloaded Spotify from Play Store. Logged in to Spotify, playlists there, can play the music. However, Connect feature is not available on "playing" screen, neither is the phone visible from my other Android devices. Spotify version is 0.6.2.64.

I've tried to manually download Spotify from spotify.com/se (to possibly get a newer Spotify version) but Android gives me an "Analysis error, there was a problem when tha package was analyzed" (approximately, the error message is actually in Swedish).

Is there no way to get Spotify with Connect support running on my phone? If not, what are the minimum specs for an Android phone to get Spotify with Connect support?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately not, you need the most recent version of the Spotify application which requires android 2.3 or above.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately not, you need the most recent version of the Spotify application which requires android 2.3 or above.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, so 2.3 or better it is. No resolution requirements? While waiting for a reply, I just managed to install the new version on a Sony Ericson X19 Mini (no Pro) updated to Android 2.3 (using Cyanogenmod), still at 320x240 resolution. This time Spotify installs, but when I run it, I only get a white screen, followed after a few seconds by an "Activity Spotify (in application Spotify) is not responding" error.

Found it myself - I had no SD card, once I inserted that, the functionality was there. Incredibly annoying that it takes about 5 secs for the remote player to react, but it *is* an old phone so I might have to live with that.

I have one more question, but I'll start another thread for that...

Suggested posts