Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Mobile download in an international country

Solved!

Spotify Mobile download in an international country

Hi All,

I have a UK based premium spotify account. I just changed phones to the Samsung Galaxy S3, while I am away in Dubai.

I am trying to install Spotify Mobile, however the system is not letting me as I am not in an "approved" spotify country. Spotify doesnt even show up on the Google Play list of apps. 

Does anyone have a workaround for this, I am not travelling to the UK in the next 2 months and I NEEEED my musicccccc.

Thanks 🙂

26 Replies

Hi. If she creates a premium account using a UK credit card with her geographical location set to the UK, then spotify should work in Saudi unless the government decides to ban Spotify.

In the case of a free account, she would need to log in every 14 days from a country where spotify is available such as the UK. She could probably use a VPN to fool spotify's location checks although I'm not sure if VPNs are legal in Saudi.

Hi! I have a active premium spotify account in the Philippines and traveled here in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Unfortunately spotify isn't approve in this country and I can't find it in Play Store. I have new mobile, Samsung S8+ and I want to install in my new device the spotify.
I hope you could help. Thank you!
Marked as solution

You can download the spotify.apk from Spotify here. Remember you need to enable "unknown sources" in android settings to install it. As spotify isn't available in the UAE, you'll need to use a VPN to log in.

I install now VPN but where exactly I can find this "unknown sources"?
Since I'm new to use android again its harx for me to find it.
Thanks! Big help!
Marked as solution

Go to settings on the s8 then type "unknown" in the search bar at the top.

Thank you so much! Kuddos!

I have an iPhone and I can’t download apk files, pls help I wanna enjoy music 

Suggested posts