Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Music pauses randomly [Android]

Spotify Music pauses randomly [Android]

I've had Spotify Premium on my phone for about 4 months now and within the last 4 days when I listen to music it will just randomly pause the music and the Spotify Icon in the notification bar dissapears, and the pause/play feature in the Notifications dropdown also dissapears.  I have to go back into the app and hit play, and it will continue from where it paused. 

This happens on all 3 bluetooth audio systems that I use; my work stereo, in my car and at home. Most of the time it pauses every other song, sometimes I can actually get through 3 or 4 songs before it pauses.

Galaxy S8, Android software is up to date, I have restarted the phone 3x. I updated the Spotify app and it still isn't fixed. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded Spotify on my phone, and the issue still persists. This happens with both streaming music, and with music downloaded on my phone. In addition I just upgraded from my Premium account to a Family account, and I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work.

I've gone through and made sure all my memory is cleared up, I've removed all the apps that I've downloaded since the issue started to make sure they had no effect on pausing the music, I even deleted Musixmatch because I thought it might be causing an issue with the playback.

The last thing I've tried was logging into my Spotify account and clicking "log out of all devices" since I saw that was a solution for a similar issue from 2014, but this still did nothing to fix the issue.

1 Reply

I also have this exact problem. I noticed this started happening after my Sony XZ upgraded to Oreo. (8.0.0)

Suggested posts